22 of 27 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Far Cry 2 - PC (Video Game)
Simply put this game was dumbed down for consoles to make a quick buck.
Single player issues: no lean, no prone, no destructive environment (they lied), AI can't drive, has nothing even remotely to do with far cry
1. No lobby system. Yes thats right something common since 1992 has not been implemented instead you have to automatch for a certain game type and hope there is a server that is starting a game.
2. Cant join mid game. you can't do something that has been common in every FPS that has multiplayer. So you have to wait till a game is starting to join it.
3. Kicked after 1 round. It is hard to find a server in general do to the list above but to make matters worse your auto kicked after 1 round of play. If you liked the server and the people TO BAD its gone
4. no lobby = no lobby chat cant coordinate with friends unless you have TS or vent
5. NO VOIP
6. No friends list For a supposedly A title There should be a friends list its been around for years now but they cant grasp 92 technology so i guess i should feel lucky that they didnt use IPX.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2008 4:43:42 PM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 10:05:13 AM PDT
Brian W. says:
Ubisoft spent all their budget setting up the activation servers and couldn't afford to actually finish the game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›