3.0 out of 5 stars Very good product. But it didn't last too long., May 14, 2010
This review is from: Joyoung CTS1048 Automatic Hot Soy Milk Maker
I bought this product about 18 months ago. It did an excellent job just as described by the manufacture. I was very satisfied and used it each morning (I mean every morning). I told all my friends that this is the best product ever made in China.

Well, 6 months later, the soymilk button (the right button) stopped working. So I used the middle button instead. This woked fine and I was still very satisfied.

Last week, the middle button quitted on me. So did the 3rd button.

If the product can last, say, over 3 years, I'd be satisfied.
If the product can last, say, over 5 years, I'd be satisfied, very.

However, if the product lasted only 1.5 yrs, I'm not satisfied. That's why I gave 3*s.

In conclusion, This product has a very good initial quality.
But it lacks reliability. It cannot maintain the good quality over time.

I hope that the manufacture put more effort in improving product reliability.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 24, 2010 3:48:06 PM PDT
Jessica says:
Even though it quit on you after a year and a half, it sounds like you saved a lot of money. I know I spend about $5 a week on soy milk, so that comes out to about $260 over the course of a year, $380 over a year and a half, so this machine would save me a lot of money not including the cost of soy beans.

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 4:00:30 PM PST
RC says:
Thanks for your comments. Most of the other reviews have been positive but you said that you used it everyday. That suggests that it's NOT a workhorse and that the quality seems iffy at best. I was going to purchase it and although I wouldn't use it as often as you did, I'm reconsidering. It might last me twice as long since I'd used it half as much. Maybe 3 times as long if I used it...well, you get the point. There are other brands that cost more but maybe they are made better. Again, I appreciate your input.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 4:08:22 PM PST
RC says:
You make a valid point about the savings. But I should mention that with the purchase of a new soy milk maker the savings diminish quite a bit for the time used. Still, I see your point.

However, since the quality of the buttons are suspect, they might fail even sooner even under less stressful conditions? That worries me.

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 8:03:21 PM PST
Xiangwei Li says:
It quit on me after a year of use. I used it twice a week.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 10:45:24 AM PDT
MacGuffin says:
@RC I have to agree with you. In addition, why contribute to planned obsolescence? Isn't there enough junk in landfills? There ARE other brands that work better; I have one and it has been going strong for a good four years.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 2:58:51 PM PST
Jillians Mom says:
This was my experience also. only lasted 2 years.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013 3:35:15 PM PDT
what is the make and model of the product you've had for 4 years? i'd like to get one...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013 4:43:17 PM PDT
MacGuffin says:
That model is discontinued, as was its upgrade; I also I have a newer one but it, too, has been upgraded. This is the most recent model: Soyajoy G4 Soy Milk Maker and Soup Maker - Largest capacity, with All Stainless Steel Inside and I suspect you can find the older models on the Sanlinx Web site. The manufacturer is EXTREMELY responsive and monitors their Amazon product pages to offer assistance. You're very safe buying one of their machines.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (56 customer reviews)

Out of stock