Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected!, November 15, 2011
This review is from: Kodak Easyshare Touch M5370 16 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom, HD Video Capture and 3.0-Inch Capacitive Touchscreen LCD (Blue) (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great camera. I have had a few cameras, most were point and shoot, but I had an SLR way back in the stone age when you actually had to load film in a camera. What? How do you upload pics to Facebook with a film camera? I know...

I am not a camera expert by any stretch of the imagination. My wife is, and she likes this camera. Her photos are mainly close ups of food that she uses for her blog. Great pictures, makes me jealous. I had her put down her DSLR and try some shots with this Kodak Easyshare. The pictures turned out fantastic, and she gave it her stamp of approval.

Here are the things I like about this camera,

-You can charge it with a USB cable hooked to your PC, or use the supplied USB cable and wall plug. I am not a fan of cameras that take regular batteries that constantly need to be changed, or cameras that need to have the included battery removed and placed on a charger.

-Uploading pictures to your computer is pretty effortless and automatic. Set the destination once and it does the rest of the work for you.

-You can take a picture, edit it, tag it, add comments, then the next time you connect it to your PC the camera will upload the picture and comments to Facebook. That is a pretty handy feature.

-The touchscreen is fantastic. It is very intuitive and easy to use. I like the touchscreen much better than having to play with buttons and a scroll wheel.

-The camera only takes about a second to take a picture when you first turn it on. That means you are much less likely to miss a shot waiting for your camera to turn on.

-There are a lot of settings built into the camera. While I mainly use Smartcapture, which takes excellent pictures, there are a number of other settings. Long exposure, landscape which takes amazing landscape pictures and stitches the pictures together seamlessly, sepia, etc. You can also crop the picture right on the camera.

-I also like that the camera is small and very lightweight. It easily slides into the front pocket of my jeans and can even be carried in a shirt pocket for easy access.

I am very happy with this camera and I expect it to serve me well for a long time.

***Warning*** While this camera does make it very easy to take pictures and upload them to Facebook, please try to be a little discriminating in that process. I have a number of friends, that shall remain nameless, that constantly take and upload pictures of their "precious children" to Facebook. Seriously? I do not need to see a picture every time your child smiles at a bird or dog. That is only interesting to you. While I would like to see pictures of things that interest you, or your children, once in a while is sufficient. I do not need 5 new pictures of your daughter before I have even finished my first cup of coffee in the morning. Thank you for understanding. I will now step down off my soapbox.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2011 7:44:48 PM PST
Seriously???? mention something acually useful. I don't have kids yet but i can say that no one cares about your opinion with regard to what people post of their children

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 4:37:56 AM PST
Haha.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 12:20:13 PM PST
I care, I get tired of seeing pictures of kids also.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 3:19:03 PM PST
Thank you.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 10:17:12 AM PDT
jmduvi says:
What a miserable person you are. I upload pictures of my kids EVERYDAY because MY Facebook is about MY life and my kids are MY life. I happen to love how easy it is to do with this camera. Perhaps you should figure out how to change your settings so you don't have to see them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 10:21:35 AM PDT
"miserable"??? Don't take it so personally, try to have a sense of humor.

Posted on May 19, 2012 1:36:19 PM PDT
Alisa says:
agreed! you do seem a bit miserable. Just remove the offending people from your news feed!! A camera review is really not the place to give you personal opinion about whether or not your friends post too many pics of their kids on facebook.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 5:23:19 PM PDT