35 of 35 people found the following review helpful
Best mix of features for decent price,
This review is from: HP iPAQ 2215 Pocket PC (Office Product)
I owned Palm Vx for 3 years and finally found a decent color PDA that is sleek withhout sacrificing any features:
- Great navigation button for game lovers (even sony CLIE's aren't close)
- Integrated bluetooth
- Good display and good speed
- HP support was good when I had problem setting up AvantGo
- Even though HP doesn't mention bundled software, they did infact bundle quite good collection of software which I think is around [money amount]worth.
- The synchronization software that comes with Palm is useless. You have to buy additional software and configure it to really get all the contact information mapped to the Outlook contact fields. If you are going to synchonize with Outlook, think no other than Pocket PC based PDA.
- Notes support in Pocket PC sucks. PDA device vendors should start bundling HPC Notes software along with this until Microsoft decideds to make it better. Can't even filter notes by categories.
- Carry case should be flip-open type. You have to take the PDA out before using it.
Even if money is no constraint, I would still go for this model.
I still can't understand why it takes Sony so long to come up with a good mix of features that is sleek. Inspite of being a big Sony fan, I wouldn't pay $800 for Sony PEG-UX50.
Add value to your PDA by buying Pocket Informant or Agenda Fusion.
I gave 4 star instead of 5 because:
- I want it to be as sleek as iPAQ h1910 with iPAQ h2215 feature set
- Software like HPC Notes is not bundled