3.0 out of 5 stars Freaking huge watch, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Invicta Men's 0070 "Pro Diver Collection" Stainless Steel and Blue Dial Watch (Watch)
Most of the other reviews comment on the size and weight of this watch; they're not joking. I personally love this watch and am very happy with it, but if you don't want to have 1.8 lbs on your wrist this probably isn't the watch for you.

Comes with all its links in the band so you will probably need to have some taken out, this is not hard to do by hand or if you don't feel comfortable your local jewelry shop can probably do it for very cheap.

Did I mention that it keeps perfect time?

If I had to make one complaint it would be that the band and case seem to scratch fairly easy, but I suppose that's the nature of stainless steel. The crystal itself is pretty scratch resistant.

EDIT: It has been 3 months since I purchased this watch, let me first make it clear that just because I dropped 2 stars from the review does not mean I don't love this watch. I do, but let me explain...

I have been very careful with the watch overall, never dropped it, despite it weighing so much. At some point about 2 weeks ago I must have hit the watch on something as I noticed the crystal was pretty badly cracked. When I contacted Invicta about having it repaired under warranty I was informed it would cost $40 to send it to them + shipping there. After that it would take them AT LEAST 90 days to process the repair.

I decided for $40+ I could take it to my local jewelry store where my family and I have always taken all our watches for crystal & other repairs; and at the very least not have to wait 3 months. I dropped it off and he told me it should be no problem. The next day I got a call from him explaining he was very surprised to find that the crystal in the watch is 7mm thick, well more than he has in stock or even than the company he gets watch crystals from sells. He told me he would see about having the company buy a crystal from Invicta to sell to me. About a week passed and I received another call from the jeweler informing me that Invicta had refused to sell the crystal company, or even him directly, a replacement crystal and we would have to send it in to have it repaired.

All that said I still love this watch, and I am sure I will continue to love it once I get it back in 90+ days from Invicta. Consider yourself warned though, if you buy this watch and the crystal, which is not sapphire and therefore not very strong, does happen to break, you will probably be forced to send it to Invitca for $40 and 90 days.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 2:18:41 PM PST
mario says:
1.8 lbs?? Are you serious or just exaggerating? Mine weighs 277 grams with 4 links removed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 2:41:06 PM PST
Light027 says:
Could be wrong on the weight, that may have been the in-box weight; will have to weigh it again when I get home.

Here is a shot of the crystal that was in it, to show the thickness...

Don't get me wrong, I love this watch and am wearing it at the moment. I just wish that Invicta would either: Use a more standard crystal size, make it easier to get a crystal from them, or not charge $40+shipping to them+possible repair costs+min 90 days to get it repaired.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 4:42:28 AM PST
mj says:
Does the crown dig into your hand?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 8:26:15 AM PST
Light027 says:
Surprisingly, no it doesn't. It has a very rounded edge so it feels fine even when pressed against the back of my hand. It does however hurt a bit if it slips down my wrist too fast and hits my hand, but that is true of any large watch i've found.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 10:30:18 AM PST
mj says:
thanks, mine should be delivered today. wish the lume was better, based on the reviews it sounds pretty weak.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 9:40:05 AM PDT
Tony M. says:
Are you the same mj that posted the following comment of another review of this same watch?

"Invicta is junk, and their customer service is a bad joke."

If so, why did you buy it?

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 3:35:08 AM PST
M. Standish says:
That is a very interesting story about the crystal! Good to know!

As for the weight of your watch, I can assure you that it does NOT weigh anywhere near 1.8 pounds. Most of Invicta's heaviest watches land in the eight to 10 ounce range, give or take. Check it out on a home postal or kitchen/food scale, or at a USPS do-it-yourself mailing kiosk if all else fails (and no one is waiting to use it). :-)

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 6:57:36 PM PST
Down and out says:
I am a woman and a police detective and was strongly considering buying this watch. I always wear mens watches and has bought this brand in the past. I am wondering though if it might be too big, even for me. I am 5 foot 10 and have to type of body where a womens watch would look tiny on my wrist. many years ago, I owned a women's movado that was a gift from an ex and while I wore it for a year or two on dressy occasions, it just did not suit me. At the same time, sometimes the really chunky mens watches can be too big for me. if you were using maybe a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate this watch when it comes to the size and almost chunkiness of it compared to other mens watches of this style, meaning not including leather or rubber wrist band types of watches... I only wear steel bracelets. Thank you so much for your opinions! I would really appreciate to hear from you and thoroughly enjoyed your story about replacing the crystal on your watch. I have to say that in looking at the 100 dollar price of this watch right now, I would almost replace the watch for that price vs spending 40 to replace the crystal. Maybe. I guess I would have to see what I would do if it happened to me. I have worn their watches many times and getting my share of physical struggles because of the nature of my job and I am yet to scratch a crystal. I will say that a different model of this brand of watch probably saved my res years ago when chasing a perpetrator onto the train and the door closed on my wrist as I was attempting to keep it open to maintain chase and I had tremendous bruising on my wrist from the door and I firmly believe that if the watch hadn't been there, I would have seriously injured my wrist. I was wearing AG considerably heavy watch that had a pretty sick bracelet on it so I lucked out but I have learned to stick my food in the door to keep it from closing rather than my wrist. Anyway, thanks in advance for the feedback.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 11:41:01 PM PST
Light027 says:
I really can't say if this watch would be too big for you. It is no small watch, I will tell you that; I may have slightly exaggerated the weight, but it is heavy... I personally wear it, and a second I ordered with a yellow face everyday. (Model #80055 for the yellow one)

The best advice I can give you is that Amazon offers Free Returns on this watch, and many others. So you can order it and if it doesn't work for you, send it back for free. I have done this on a couple watches myself, sometimes they look right online and don't in person.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2014 12:06:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2014 12:09:10 AM PST
Down and out says:
Thanks, pal. I too have ordered several watches and returned some....but I just wanted to ask if you thought it was huge....since you clearly wear it often and like it. I appreciate your response and will most likely purchase it. I have so many watches but it really caught my eye. I've been wearing my Nike Fuel Band in place of a watch for the past few months but I realize that I miss an actual watch and I wanted something navy that'll go with my vest and the jackets I wear for work. Ridiculous to worry about matching....I know! But thanks again for your great Intel. It's much appreciated!

Also....I wasn't too worried about the weight of it...more that size. I have almost 40 lbs of gear on...so it was more about bulk than weight. THANKS!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›