1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, January 15, 2011
This review is from: MyMathLab: Student Access Kit (Printed Access Code)
I bought the access code from Amazon thinking I could trust them to give me the correct product, as I am an avid Amazon fan. However, the code was invalid. After sitting on the phone with Pearson (who runs MyMathLab) for almost an hour, they finally told me they couldn't do anything for me because it was a made up code. Whether it really is made up or just an expired one, I really don't know. Amazon was nice enough to overnight me a replacement, only for me to be told it too was invalid.

My professor warned us not to purchase them off the internet and I learned the hard way to listen to him. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2011 2:31:02 AM PDT
juanmtzjr says:
Thank you,i was so close to buying this product. Im trying to save as much as i can since i didn't got approve for financial aid. So im pretty much paying for everything cash out of my pocket! I thank you so much for this review!

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 5:19:12 PM PDT
Barbara says:
You obviously work Pearson and are trying to scare students away from saving money here on Amazon. What a shame it is that Pearson not only rips students off by creating "NEW" editions that DON'T contain any new information, but now they are also resorting to spread FALSE information.

Your mistake was going so far as to say that the second one that was sent to you didn't work either. The invalid and expired codes come from access kits with DIFFERENT ISBN#s than this listing, so if you really ordered from Amazon, you would have received a valid code, BOTH times.

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 5:16:17 AM PST
Primadona says:
I've bought access codes from pearson mylabs and it worked. The very first time, i bought from pearson but this year, from amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 4:37:58 PM PDT
I bought an access code for my Calculus Class and it didn't work. I'm with online chat support (as I type this) and getting nowhere. They did exactly what the reviewer said. They keep passing me off to another CS person.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 8:16:59 PM PDT
Barbara says:
Brian, who did you buy it from? Have you contacted them? What is the reason it didn't work? Expired? Used? Wrong type of code? I can help you if you provide more information.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 11:03:46 AM PDT
carolyn says:
You don't have to tell Pearson you purchased the code from a third party vendor. You could just say you purchased it from the school or a book store. I had an invalid code last year that I purchased off of Amazon, but I just got on tech support through IM on their website and gave them the code, which they verified was not a working code. They issued me a new one right there. As long as you are pleasant, they will assist you.

The problem is not with Pearson, it's with the person/company you purchased it from. You should only buy from a company who is willing to offer a refund if pearson is not able to issue you a new code.

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 2:23:37 PM PDT
Validus says:
I purchased a code for my math class and never had a issue. Something is fishy about this review. Why spend $100+ for a code, when you can get it for much less?

Don't be fooled...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2014 8:45:12 AM PDT
RaveReviewer says:
Perhaps they didn't take the time to shop around adequately???? It happens.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (940 customer reviews)

$115.33 $92.07