86 of 95 people found the following review helpful
Fun and Involving,
This review is from: 2 Guns (DVD)
So these two guys are gonna rob a bank...This is sort of a Spy vs Spy, as two undercover agents from two different government organizations, neither of whom knows of the other's link to his real employer, rob a bank together, only to discover they have been set up...plus there is waaaaay more money than they expect. $43.125M!
Directed by Baltasar Kormákur ("The Deep" one of my favorites from the 2013 Seattle International Film Festival) and written by Blake Masters (Lots of TV) based on Boom Studio's graphic novels, this is fun all the way, with enough comedy to keep ME happy and enough action to entertain the screening audience.
* Denzel Washington ("Flight") is Bobby, the steady, focused DEA guy whose patience is sorely taxed by his gabby sidekick.
* Mark Wahlberg ("Broken City") is Stig, an ebullient (and very funny) Naval Intelligence officer...plus he's a GREAT shot!
* Paula Patton ("Disconnect") plays Deb, the beauty with the DEA who shares a history with Bobby.
* James Marsden ("30 Rock") brings Quince to the screen; he GIVES the orders in the Navy.
* Bill Paxton ("Big Love") his Earl from the CIA shows us what cruelty looks like.
* Edward James Olmos (Lots of TV) Papi Greco leads a drug cartel (as if things weren't already complicated enough).
This R-rated actioner kept the audience involved every single minute. Expect profanity and nudity, plus a LOT of gunfire and vehicular mayhem, but no discernible Computer Generated Imaging.
It was violent and wild, but I liked it! I'll enjoy the DVD from Amazon even more because I'll get ALL of the punchlines.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 9, 2013 4:07:32 AM PDT
derek nye says:
Partial nudity? Little profanity? Did you see this movie? There was a full frontal upper body female nudity, and they swore constantly. Your review isn't correct.
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2013 6:34:48 AM PDT
Jay B. Lane says:
Am I that desensitized? I must be, I see an average of 15 movies a month. I'll modify my review and apologize. (I won't see it again.)
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2013 12:25:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2013 12:29:02 PM PST
Mark O. Avery says:
You're still a man after my own heart JBL and I enjoy a lot of your reviews. I'm sorry I missed this one cause I'm a huge, steadfast Denzel fan and I've appreciated Wahlberg since his "Marky Mark" days (the supporting cast looks killer as well)......I am DEFINATELY looking forward to the "Redbox" on this one J!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›