64 of 72 people found the following review helpful
Easily the Best Computer Speakers I've Ever Owned,
This review is from: Logitech Z623 980-000402 200 Watt Speaker System (Black) (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So I've spent the past three days attempting to find something that I don't like about these speakers. I've played every kind of music that I own (including spoken-word stuff), I've streamed video, I've streamed audio, I've checked nearly every single thing that I can consider. And yet, I'm still at the same place I was when I received them--they're the best computer speakers I've ever owned.
1. Excellent controls: the big, easy-to-use knobs that regulate both the volume and the bass intensity are easy to use and very precise.
2. THX: the sound is very well-rounded, with crisp highs and lows that SOUND and don't just boom.
3. Responsive: when I've owned other computer speakers, there always seemed to be a delay from the main speakers to the subwoofer. No such problem here. The sound is very precise and clear regardless of music type.
4. Small blueprint: for the volume and amount of sound that you get from these, they don't take up much space at all.
1. One of the desktop speakers put out a bit of hot air from around the control knobs...it's not that big of a deal, but it is noticeable.
2. The subwoofer is the primary speaker for most ports, which means that you can't really place it flat against a wall. And one of the speaker cords is a bit thick, so I can see how cord-invisible installation might be an issue.
And that's it. If you think the cons are minor, you're right. I'm not sure that I'd race out and replace one of my home theater systems with these if only because they're 2.1. But if you have a small space or don't really want a full-scale system, you'll probably love these even for televisions. For computers, however, they're fantastic. Highly recommended.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 30, 2010 4:46:58 PM PDT
That's a good point. I hadn't really thought about the wires being short, but they sort of are. They fit our hutch though so they work for us :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›