4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, if you aren't relying on the Wi-fi, December 14, 2012
This review is from: Androset MK808 Dual Core Android TV BOX Rockchip RK3066 Cortex-A9 Mini PC Smart TV Stick (Personal Computers)
UPDATE 12/20/12

I ended up going to fry's and purchasing Sabrent NT-USB20 USB Ethernet adapter and worked right after turning Ethernet on with no problems. downloaded Netflix and BLAM! i'm watching battlestar galactica. I do recommend anyone who purchases this product to contact any seller of this product and hold them responsible by requesting they compensate you for anything you must purchase to make this device work as advertised.

The market does work after a stable internet connection was established. This is my new favorite toy to browse the web, watch netflix, play pandora music through my surround sound, play games and If I can find a compatible video cam, i'd love to do some video conferencing! awesome!

======================
I was so excited to get this. I bought it from from a Chinese distributor. Shipped very fast, to my surprise. the device loads quickly. I plugged in my mouse RF transmitter, worked like a charm. I even ordered a wireless keyboard with touch pad so I could use this device with my TV, which I also reviewed. To my surprise almost all of the function buttons work (volume up/down, mute, home, power button turns the device off (but not on))

I open the wifi control panel to connect it to the network (my modem sits on the other side of the TV). I select my network and get "connecting"... "obtaining IP address"

And I wait.. and wait.. eventually it starts over and gets to "obtaining IP address" again.

Never connects.

I tried connecting using my Android phone as a mobile hot spot with an OPEN internet connection (meaning no authentication or security) and it connected. but not for long. even with the phone right next it it would drop the connection. After doing some research: Chinese manufactures doing sloppy work in soldering the antennae cause a short in the wi-fi signal which causes disconnections or no wi-fi at all.

I also could not get the google market (google play) to open, but I wonder if that's a wi-fi issues also. I googled for hours and everyone said, open the unit, break the second connection with the Ground and it will work, but I shouldn't have to do that for something I paid for. I Could have spent $20 bucks more and got something less of a pain. I saw videos on the internet of this and was very excited but now i'm just dissapointed. I contacted geekbuying.com and offered to exchange the device for one that does not have this defect, even if it was more money. If I can't get a speedy response, I'll open a paypal dispute and send it back. Boo! i was so excited.

[Add comment]