5.0 out of 5 stars Shoot and Loot, October 21, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Borderlands - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
So I got my copy of Borderlands last night and played up to level 11. Here are my impressions one day in.

-The game is beautiful. I personally love the cartoony style of the graphics. Extremely detailed and even the barren wasteland is nice to look at. The characters while not customizable are all highly detailed as well and look great. You can change the name and colors, that's about it.

-Controls are excellent. Feels like COD4 with a few changes. Any FPS player can pick it up and play very easily. The one vehicle I've seen so far controls exactly like a warthog from halo.

-Guns, guns, guns. Only a few hours in and I've seen so many kinds of guns I can't count them. One of the best parts of the game is that you'll never know what will drop out of the next enemy. Could be that acid rocket shotgun you've been waiting for! The pure crazines of the weapons is awesome.

-Story. What story? Your looking for a vault full of alien technology. That's it so far. If your looking for deep story, this is not the game for you. Try Fallout 3. On that note, this game is nothing like Fallout. Other than the fact that both games are set in a wasteland like place in the future there is no comparison. It's more like COD4/Halo meets Diablo/Baldurs Gate.

-Co-op. Tried the co-op last night and it was the best online experiance I've ever had. I sent my friend an invite and he joined my game with his levleed up character. No lobby, no re-loading, he just appeared in my game, we played for a few hours and when he left I was back to single player. All seamless. Amazing. Can't wait to try it with four players.

-In the couple of hours I played it I was glued to the XBOX360. If I didn't have to work today I would have played all night. Now that's a sign of a good game. Well spent 60.00. I'm sure I'll more than get my monies worth on this one for a long time to come. With four characters that you'll not likely max out on the first play through this game has some legs to stand on. Enjoy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2010 2:48:53 PM PST
B. Place says:
Your review pretty much sold me on this game, especially the reference to baldurs gate. I've been playing this game nonstop since I purchased it wednesday.

Posted on Feb 18, 2010 3:08:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2010 3:09:17 AM PST
I haven't played this yet, but I am not sure what you mean by Baldur's Gate. Baldur's Gate had quite the story and a large amount of dialog with NPCs. Are you are talking about the console game Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, which is only connected by name?

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 6:50:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 6, 2010 6:53:32 AM PDT
M. Jaycox says:
Thanks for the info. When this game is played try playing all charaters. Soldier, Hunter, Siren and Berserker to lvl 30. Most of all play online with others (best with friends). This is a great Multiplayer [Soldier/Hunter is a great combo]. Great DLC too, Bravo 2k. BTW love braaaaaaaaaaaains.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (390 customer reviews)

$14.99 $12.55