5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Speakers, June 23, 2007
This review is from: Polk Audio RM6750 5.1 Channel Home Theater Speaker System (Set of Six, Black) (Electronics)
I do consider myself to be picky when it comes to electronics. And I am absolutely floored that speakers this good can be had for a price this low. If you are reading this review, you are probably asking yourself the same question I was this time last week. That being: Are these speakers too good to be true?

During my buying process, I read about these Polks and consequently made a trip to a dumpy Circuit City with a poorly set-up sound room. Before the speakers were played, I picked up one of the sats. and was extremely impressed with its build quality... nice materials, very attractive... and the speakers have a solidness/weight to them that let you know these are not those cheap pressed-wood speakers you'll find in most HTIB systems. Secondly, I was impressed with the sound even though the rears weren't hooked-up and the sub-woofer was poorly placed.

After my trip to CC, I called J&R Music World and had a set of RM6750s shipped to me (J&R is a great store, by the way).

Yesterday I finished installing the speakers... largely using the rich amount of educational information available on the polk audio website that helped me with speaker placement and hook-up. Note: I did NOT use the sub jack on the sub woofer.

The sound is phenominal... especially considering I paid $245. There is no doubt, that if told that these speakers only were sold for their MSRP of $599... that I would still buy them. These speakers meet so many of my requirements:

(1) Great Sound
(2) Attractive
(3) Blend into the environment (i.e., they are small)
(4) Great price
(5) Quality Name

The sound image created by the front 3 is amazing and the rears are perfect.

I am not one to crank my system (I have young kids)... but the sub puts out a great bassy sound that is not too over-powering (note, when I heard these speakers at Circuit City their sub was poorly placed and hooked-up with a sub jack... and it sounded very boomy and over powering).

I am driving the system with Pioneer's top of the line VSX-1016TXV... which is another item, like these Polks, that I probably wouldn't have purchased (I was ready to go the Onkyo/Dennon route with my amp purchase) if someone walked-up to me on the street and recommended it. But after careful research... it, like these Polks, offers an astounding value for the money.

So... long story short... I thought I was going to have to spend $1,800 on my home theater system. I was convinced that a bottom line price for speakers would be roughly $1,100... and the receiver would hit me for another $700.

But, this long story has a really great ending... thanks Polk for a really great product... and for all of the knowledge information you have on your site.

PERFECT!