5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i15N-2728BK 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
First off, I'm not a power user by any means. I need a laptop for basic computing, web surfing, video streaming, media playing, etc. I am not expecting this machine to run Crysis or anything like that. This laptop is PERFECT for students and those interested in a quality laptop that will handle most anything you throw at it.

I play some games on my laptop with absolutely no issues. Minecraft runs well, so do my hidden object games, and I even tried slender man...all played magnificently. The screen is really nice, also you can definitely tell it's an HD screen while streaming videos or playing games, everything just seems to pop off the screen.

All in all I'm super happy I chose this computer, would definitely buy from Dell via Amazon again :)

*EDIT*
After installing some more games I've had great results. I'm not much of a gamer, but Fallout 3, Mass Effect (1 and 2), Borderlands, and Amnesia are all working well!

*Edit*
Had it for a month now and it's still great! I've been playing some more graphic intensive games and the computer is handling them very well on medium settings. Everything is still lightning quick.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 7:04:09 PM PST
kernelp says:
I was wondering,I just bought this computer,If you had any trouble installing and running Amnesia at high/medium settings?By the way,your review was extremely helpful,I was looking for a laptop to play Amnesia on,you made it so much easier for me.Also,did it have a lot of bloatware to remove?Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:57:28 AM PST
T. Sharp says:
Hey,

I installed it through Steam with no problems. There also isn't a ton of bloatware, I did end up uninstalling Dell Soundstage and a few other things, but besides that I really didn't remove much. I always run games a bit lower than I probably should, so I've been playing it on Medium. It might run on High, but I thought it might be laggy so I honestly never even tried it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:35:32 PM PST
gwilburn12 says:
Hey T. Sharp, I was wondering I have been looking at getting a new lab top and I have read your review which I found very helpful. Do you think it would be a good purchase? Just looking for an official opinion since you have had the product a few months based on your review.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:46:11 AM PST
T. Sharp says:
Hey,

Well I still love the computer, even after a few months use. I haven't had any major issues with anything, and it runs office applications fine, and games as well. I'd say it'd be a great choice for most basic-intermediate use. The price is great as well, so I'd definitely say yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 11:52:28 AM PST
gwilburn12 says:
Appreciate the feedback my friend. I just purchased it on a warehouse deal that was in new condition for a good deal. Thanks for your good review and your updates as well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›