Industrial Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

2,064 of 2,125 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Coffeemaker. Period., February 19, 2007
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
I bought a Keurig after reading all of the reviews about it. I thought to myself, surely this machine has a lot of hype to live up to.

Not only did it pass the hype test, it did so with flying colors.

Let me just say that if you are doing research on this machine, you will discover that people just rave about it. Review after review say it is worth the investment.

Add this review to that list.

It works not just as a coffee maker, there are also tea K-Cups available and it also can be used to heat water in less than 20 seconds. So if you have a tea bag and just want hot water, there is not need to use a kettle. Ever.

You can buy a filter that allows you to place your own GROUND beans in the machine and make your favorite coffee blend.

It is ridiculously easy to use. No paper filters needed. No grinds in the bottom of the cup. No wasting away of drinking coffee in the morning.

KEURIG'S CUSTOMER SERVICE ALONE MAKES THIS A BEST BUY. If you have ANY problems, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Keurig operators are at the ready. I once called then at midnight because I thought I was having an issue setting up the machine. The customer service guy (had a Boston accent) was very nice and answered all my questions. He also registered the machine (it was a "gift"- to myself :-)), so there was no need to mail in the warranty card.

The blue LED lights are the best kept secret about this machine. It is very modern and fits into any kitchen, both during the day and at night.

The K-Cups are hard to find in stores. I have only seen Bed Bath and Beyond sell K Cups in the store. 18 k-cups for $10??? That's ridiculous. ENTER AMAZON... They sell 50 K-Cups for $19.00. That is a better deal by FAR. You would be well to do to buy a coffee variety pack so you can see which one is the best for you. You don't want to get stuck with 50 K-cups of a flavor you don't like.

If you are having a group of people over, it's definitely easier to make a 12-cup batch of coffee. Some people may not like having to use 12 K-cups (a K-Cup for each guest). But here's the thing. Every single person will comment on how good their coffee is. You can then show them the Keurig, and it's a great conversation piece.

The B60 is a good compromise among the Keurig models. You can save your money and not spend $30 for a larger water reservoir. So you get a travel mug size of 11.25(?) oz. in the B70. So what? The 9.etc oz. cup size is plenty big for most travel mugs once you mix in the creamer.

Let's be frank. It's expensive. But honestly, the investment is worth it. Trust the reviews about the machine. People are more inclined to write a review if they really love a product or it they really hate a product. Obviously, people love this machine, and for good reason.

It is economical to buy this machine if you hate wasting $2, $3 or $4 at a coffee shop for your coffee in the morning. The per-cup average is about 40 cents, and in the long term, this machine pays itself off.

If you're reading this review, you obviously care about what other people think before you spend $100+ on a freaking coffee maker. Don't worry. I was in your shoes. But there is a peace of mind that comes along knowing that you made the right choice. Do as much research as you can and get as many opinions as you can. But just remember that thousands of satisfied Keurig customers can't be wrong.

Good luck.

[Add comment]
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 26, 2007 5:22:24 PM PST
coffee girl says:
Thanks for your insight.....debating on whether or not I'm worth it!

Posted on May 31, 2009 10:24:40 AM PDT
You're a good reviewer.

Posted on Jun 24, 2009 6:13:01 PM PDT
D.Man says:
costco has 80 for $33 if you like caribou that is. Another good bargain compared to some.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2009 8:47:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2009 8:54:21 AM PDT
Dark Knight says:
TO RPH: Thank you. Frankly, I do not review products often. However, this product works SO WELL that I had no choice but to review it the way I did.

It practically writes the review itself. After my initial purchase, my girlfriend and parents are now both using the Keurig system as well. It's that good.

But I appreciate the compliment. If you have any other questions about the product, let me know.

UPDATE TO EVERYONE: My Keurig B60 is still going strong. Keurig has changed the name to "Special Edition," but it's still a great product. The Special Edition now has the QuietBrew Technology that is featured on the Platinum (formerly B70 I think), so that answers many of the complaints about the machine being loud in the morning. Amazon's prices are now $23.00 for 48 K-Cups, but that still is a great buy, compared to prices in most coffee shops. If you can find the K-Cups for less money at places like 'D. spitcausky' did, then the deal is even better.

Thanks for reading the review!

Posted on Nov 3, 2009 10:37:00 AM PST
Forest View says:
Thanks for the info about Amazon selling the K-cups; somehow I had missed that. I bought the new Special Edition about 2 weeks ago, love it, and am still learning about K-cups. Your review says everything I would say. MG

Posted on Dec 7, 2009 5:28:31 PM PST
Laura J. says:
I know Costco has the K-cups, not sure of the price. I'm asking for this for Christmas. I don't have coffee everyday, but when I do I have to stop at Dunkin Donuts, and that adds up. I think this will be cheaper in the long run.

Posted on May 19, 2010 8:44:56 PM PDT
A says:
A former co-worker of mine owns this machine and was nice enough to let me have a cup once in a while. Easily the best coffee I've ever had. :)

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 4:27:36 PM PDT
NJMOM2004 says:
Great review. I just purchase the B60 special edition from Sam's Club today. For $129 you get the B60 special edition, 4 12 pack K-cups, 1 12 k-cup variety and the my K-cup. That is an awsome deal for $129. I am enjoying my first cup of coffee and it is awsome. I am loving every minute. DD and Starbucks no more. I will save my money.

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 3:11:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2010 3:11:44 PM PST
Bob Raser says:
What is a K-Cup for the non-coffee people like me looking for a Christmas gift?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2010 10:28:57 PM PST
Dark Knight says:
@Bob Raser, a "K-Cup" refers to the pod-shaped item that is used in all Keurig brewers. The K-cup holds a predetermined amount of tea, coffee or hot chocolate, as well as the filter. The water passes through the K-cup through the top and the resulting product ends up in the cup below. This all-in-one item allows for the user to pick up the K-cup and throw it away in one second. No grinds to taste. No filters to clean up.

K-Cups can be costly, however. You can find a good selection, and even some good sales, at retailers such as Sam's Club, Bed Bath and Beyond and right here on Best of luck in your search!

Timothy's World Coffee, Kona Blend Medium K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 50)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›