Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

4.0 out of 5 stars A great "LITTLE" bag for your DS/DSi & accessories..., January 2, 2010
This review is from: DSi/DS Lite Universal Transporter Carrying Case - Cobalt Blue (Video Game)
(Jan 2010) Got this bag for my kids 2 DSi's. It will fit both, along with 20 games, but it is not very roomy. If you have a silicone cover on the DSi, it does not slip in & out of the bag very easily as the bag is felt lined and the compartment for the DSi is fairly snug. You definitely couldn't fit a DS in here with the Nerf Armor case on it. While I complain it is not very roomy, it is not meant to tote around 2 DSi's and the accessories that go along with both of them. If you wanted to use this for just 1 DS & accessories, it would be perfect because everything that goes along with it isn't very large anyways.

It has an adjustable strap that can fit a child nicely, yet adjust to fit mom & dad too. The strap attaches with a spinning hook, which I find great because it doesn't get all twisted. You can even remove the strap and use the handle on top of the bag if you wanted to. Lots of room for extra stylus (slides into an elastic strap to hold in place). Overall, a great little bag that doesn't take up too much room and keeps the DSi's safe when not being played...I wouldn't worry about the DS too much if they were inside and the bag was dropped.

******UPDATE******
(Feb 2010) I actually can fit my sons DSi in the bag when it has the Nerf Armor foam case on it. It is very snug, but it does fit!! I have 2 kids, which means 2 DSi's...so I'm ordering another Nerf case and I think this bag will hold both of them with the cases on. I'll update then and also add a picture showing them both in there.

****** 2nd UPDATE ******
(Aug 2010) Well, we have had this bag for almost 8 months and it is still the perfect bag for my kids 2 DSi's. I never got around to ordering another Nerf Armor case as I stated above, but I don't doubt it would fit both of them if needed to. With the DSi's in it, this bag has been dropped, had drinks spilled on it, been in the middle of tug-o-war matches, and still looks fairly new. I only wish it could hold more games as time goes on and their game collection grows.

****** 3rd UPDATE ******
(Dec 2010) About a year later, our DS family has grown to now include a DSi XL. This bag WILL fit the XL, could even fit 2 XL's snugly beside eachother. The newest additon, the XL, is mine (yes, parents have toys too!)...I still keep my kids in the pockets and just stick mine in the front of the pockets. It floats around loosely, but everything is felt lined so it is perfectly safe. So the ultimate DS bag has just become the super ultimate bag that can transport 2 DSi's AND a DSi XL safely!! Yay!

****** 4th UPDATE ******
(Dec 2011) Almost two years later, and this little bag is still the best option for our families "gaming" needs. We have 3 kids, and between them, there are 2 DSi's, a DSi XL, 2 iPod Touches, and as of a few weeks ago, my Kindle Fire...all of which WILL fit in this bag! They don't all have their own little compartments, but they fit and stay fairly organized, and easy to access...but most importantly...safe!! It still looks brand new despite a few of the threads unravelling from the embroidered "2 squares" logo on the front flap...and that is barely noticable. Every once in awhile, when it's smell becomes unbearable from all the spills and other "unknown" icky stains, I toss this bag (haha, empty, of course) into our front loading washer and wash it. Comes out brand new and smelling awesome!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 18, 2010 7:24:19 AM PDT
Justin says:

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 2:57:31 PM PDT
S. Hamon says:
Even though the bag can hold my kids 2 DSi's with Nerf cases on them, I still give it 4 stars because when I open the zippered side that holds the games, the strap that keeps the flap from falling keeps getting caught in the zipper. I appreciate your comments, but I feel my review was thorough especially because I updated it and still stand behind 4 stars.

Posted on Sep 24, 2010 9:02:27 PM PDT
Mommyto4 says:
Thanks for your updates with the review. It says a lot that a product can stand up to months of use. You may just have sold me on it! Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2010 11:27:44 PM PDT
S. Hamon says:
It is well worth it and by far the best case for the DSi & accessories despite me only giving it 4 stars. I love Amazon & their review process and LOVE hearing about my reviews helping people make the decision to purchase something or not purchase it. So thanks to you as well Marcela!! :-)

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 6:59:04 PM PST
T. Kinney says:
Would this hold the DSI XL with a nerf armor?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2010 12:32:35 AM PST
S. Hamon says:
I would say no...deffinitely wouldn't fit in the felt lined slots that are meant to hold the DSI's....I can fit 2 DSI's in there with their Nerf Armor on, or 1 DSI with Nerf Armor and the XL, but that is snug. If you didn't have any DS's in the felt lined slots, you might be able to fit it into that section in front of the felt slots and then just zip it up and fold over the front flap (which velcros closed). But if you were doing that, I would just get a different DS bag. They do need to come out with a version of this bag that is slightly larger for the XL's and with extra game room because we have filled up all the slots between 3 DSI's. Still love the bag tho!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2010 1:26:27 PM PST
Damon Cali says:
Thanks for a great review. Adding to my cart for my girls' 2 new DSis now!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2010 9:59:37 AM PST
S. Hamon says:
Awesome!! I'm thinking about getting a pink one since I only have a blue one now (it holds my son's & daughter's DSi's), but my almost 7 year old girl says "Blue is soooo for boys, Mom"...so she just might get a pink one from Santa this year. So glad my review has helped!! :-)

Posted on May 18, 2011 1:48:13 PM PDT
Adrienne says:
So does anyone know if the DSi XL will fit with the Nerf Armor case on it?? I can't find a bag anywhere that will so I am hoping that this one will!! Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2011 1:40:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2011 1:50:59 PM PDT
S. Hamon says:
Somebody said something about a velcro divider in the main storage area, but mine doesn't have it and I haven't seen the divider one the ones in local stores. If you did find one with that divider, yes the XL with Nerf case could fit because it would be double the size. If you don't have a way to remove that middle divider, I don't think you can fit it with the case on. What you COULD do, is rather than putting it into the divided pocket area, you could toss it in the front part of that area. You'd lose a bit of storage space, but I actually put my XL there because my 2 kids DSi's are in the divided area. I don't have the Nerf Armor on my XL, but there is room tossing it in front along with my iTouch (which is in an Otterbox case). Wal-Mart sells these bags too for about the same price as Amazon...take your XL with you and try it out!! I'm adding 2 pics of our bag holding the 2 DSi's, an XL & iTouch along with other items in the front pouch like wall charger, extra case and Nintendo stylus...this should give you an idea how roomy it is without being bulky (posting pic of open bag and closed). :-)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›