1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Garbage, January 3, 2012
This review is from: Ansmann 5207442/US Energy 8 Plus Battery Maintenance Universal Desktop Charger (Electronics)
I ordered this product and the bottom completely melted upon first use. I used 4 Tenergy AA batteries on first charge attempt. I contacted the seller who referred me to the manufacturer. I called the New Jersey number (the US office) and spoke with a woman who took my information and gave me their tracking information to send it in for a replacement.

2 weeks and nothing. No email correspondence, nothing. I called them to inquire, and they informed me that they hadn't received it and will have to "look for it". The tracking information on Fed Ex website stated they received it 2 DAYS after I sent it. She said she'd call me back. Didn't hear back for 2 days. Emailed them. Email ignored. Had alot going on, forgot about the charger. Remembered 2 weeks later. Emailed them. Email ignored. Called them. She said she couldn't find it and that she'd "make an exception for me" and ship it out that day.

2 weeks later. Nothing. Emailed, no response. Called them. Left message. Didn't get back to me. A few days later, called them again. Threatened to write the German headquarters and tell them about my experience with their US office, including my fed ex tracking number to prove that they received. Dead silence on the other end, and then "You'll have your shipping tracking number by the end of the day".

Another week passes, I received my new unit. Put in 2 AA Tenergy NiCH batteries. The lights appear red to indicate charging. 2 hours later: red red red. Never turns green and the machine smells like it's about to melt again. Months of inconvience and an utter waste of money.

Ansmann corp: I think it's time you wrap things up. Judging by my experience and others, you seem to produce inferior quality products and employ incompetent workers.

Sorry for the harsh words, but I truly feel like I was taken for a ride here. You can make this right by reaching out to me for a full refund. I'll do you a favor and toss your unit in the garbage where it belongs.

Ansmann Energy 5207442/US 8 Plus Battery Charger and Maintenance Device

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 19, 2013 10:08:03 AM PDT
A note about the defective Energy 8 Plus: Ansmann discovered a defect on the PCB of the first generation Energy 8 Plus that were delivered to the US. These defectives were all returned and replaced with the 2nd generation Energy 8 Plus. The product that is currently on sale in the US today is free of any defect. Ansmann has remained diligent in honoring replacement for any customer that has purchased a defective unit and can contact the consumer division of Ansmann USA located in Blackwood NJ

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2013 10:29:28 AM PDT
Aaron says:
David, I appreciate you reaching out to me. I would like to take Ansmann up on this offer. Can you provide me with assistance to get the ball rolling? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2013 10:32:43 AM PDT
Aaron - of course. Amazon suggest not to post email or phone numbers on these post - but you can find our contact information here in the US by going to the Ansmannusa website

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2013 11:06:37 AM PDT
Aaron says:
David, I am simply not willing to go down that road again. You did read my review, yes? By you reaching out, I was under the impression that Ansmann was trying to make good on a bad product, but it seems that you're just trying to save face on Amazon.

If you truly want to make things right, please contact me at aaronh64 (at hotmail.com) with detailed instructions on how I'll exchange the product. I would expect Ansmann to send me a new unit and postage paid packaging to return my current unit. This would be good customer support, and I would be willing to post about my positive support experience in return. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2013 11:16:45 AM PDT
Hi Aaron, I've sent you an email as requested.

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 11:21:55 AM PDT
Nalts says:
Aaron, Did this ever get resolved, and if so, can you update your review to reflect any new information?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2014 6:05:40 AM PDT
Aaron says:
Yes it did, thanks much to David Schliep for stepping up and standing behind the product. I received a brand new unit at no charge and it works great!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›