5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Movie I've Ever Seen, March 30, 2013
This review is from: Identity Thief (DVD)
I think the biggest problem with movie goers these days is they all expect this amazing life changing movie whenever they go to see a movie. But this is not what I look for when I go see a movie I just go to have fun and get away from real life for a little bit and that's what this movie did for me. This movie is honestly the funniest movie I have ever seen I was laughing throughout the whole movie and it wasn't like I was waiting bored for the next laugh because it kept me interested and satisfied in between the laughs. The movie even had a little heart in it with Melissa McCarthy's character and she developed throughout the movie and became someone that was respectable even though she is stealing people's identities left and right. I honestly loved this movie so much and people can say all they want about it I thought it was perfectly scripted, super funny, and a little touching. I would recommend this to honestly every person I know.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 16, 2013 10:46:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2013 9:05:00 PM PDT
Enough of a suitable prompt, aside from the fact that I enjoy McCarthy & Bateman
a lot so that tomorrow I'll be at "Carmike" ($1.50) checking in with this.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2013 11:51:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2013 12:00:28 PM PDT
"Yeah really , Amen to Alexander. Screw what everyone else thinks about how good or how bad a movie is. The only thing that matters about a movie is you. Not this trendy "listen to what others or other critics think" type of scenario. Go see a movie because you want to & not because others are saying it's either good or bad. We have too many followers in this world of movie going & not enough leaders or people who want to do their own thing like go out & see a movie & get away for a while from everyday life just because they themselves want to & not because they are pressured into or out of seeing a movie someone else says is good or not go see it because someone says it's terrible. Screw that. People are too focused in on either liking everything or it's nothing at all. Seems like nobody has a right to like a movie for some as well as others having a right to dislike a movie & equally be respected either way for their own rightful differences between the two. This world seems to be based on "like my choice in movies or you're a real square" or disliking someones differences of opinion because you like the very movie that you yourself didn't enjoy. Too many haters in this world for all the wrong reasons. People must know , if they don't already , that movies only become #1 in the box office, not because the movie was good or excellent , but because people paid & went to see a certain small amount of movies more so over than other movies. That doesn't mean that just because a movie in a theater when it first comes out wasn't paid to be watched as other movies , that this movie is terrible. It just means that people , without seeing any of the movies at all beforehand , made the firm decision that with all the choices the small chosen few were liked more. Now , I cannot tell you that so many movies that made it to the #1 rank in the box office ranks were that of so many unsatisfied people who made a movie #1 in the box office because they spent their money to go see it, but really wished they hadn't & would have otherwise wanted a refund. The ranks of movies are based on box office sales only & has no reflection on whether the movie was great or not. It just means that there are & were so many great movies that came out all at once that people chose to see the small 3 or 4 movies that were released rather than the 10 or so great movies in all that got very little notoriety or justification as a potentially viewed great movie as well. Sorry for getting off the subject here.
Anyways , people do go to see movies with too much high expectations for greatness & never with an open mind of allowing the movie to run it's coarse where then & only then only at the end of the film is it then right & just to decide & judge a movie after the fact & not before as many people seem to have their decisions already made up they they go into a movie theater determined to like it instead of letting the movie decide for them first & allowing the individual to decide only after the movie is over to decide if it was good or not. It ruins your mind to go into a seeing a movie with such high hopes & expectations of greatness that it only leads to a predictable I told you so type of let down once it is over that the movie is ruined in the minds of those people before the movie has ever began. Complete buzzkill movie goers that expect so much out of a movie that they don't know may or may not be pleasing to them in the end , but have already made their minds up that it better be good or else they tell themselves "I knew it was going to be a terrible movie", before they even go see it. Terrible thinking."

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 12:30:10 AM PDT
Mal Reynolds says:

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 11:50:12 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 8, 2014 1:47:49 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2013 11:58:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2013 12:31:12 PM PDT
Oh well Sam. That was a response for Alexander , not for Sam. Not for you. It's not your job to police who is commenting on what around here. It was not supposed to about what I felt about the movie. It was for movie goer's in general & it was a response for Alexander to see. Not a response for Alexander & Sam. I already stated "screw what everyone else thinks" & I meant that & that pretty much sums it up for whoever is trying to shoot down my review as well. Your review of my review being shot down & argued with. It's about reviewing the movie not a battle waged amongst other movie commentators like me. That review wasn't for you. It was a review based on my opinion , not yours. I didn't write that review based on you or as an autobiographical sense of 3rd party experiences. I never asked what you thought about me or my review anyways. Please stay on the subject. Write about the movie & not harass other people here just because you want your opinion to be theirs. Leave me alone. I was generalizing with my comments. You are taking it to a personal level & making it a personal attack on me right now just because you feel differently. Leave me alone. Please keep your comments about the movie in itself & leave me out of your personal attacks on me. Again, screw what everyone else thinks. That includes anyone including people who read my comments to others & making rude comments to me about my comments or replies to someone else , not you or them & trying to psychoanalyze me or my reviews & reading my response comments to someone else individually. That comment was between Alexander & myself. Leave me alone , Sam. Thank you!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2013 8:27:41 PM PDT
DamageINC says:
Why is everyone who just doesn't like something or is critical of something someone else likes "a hater".

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2013 9:13:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2013 10:25:27 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2013 9:48:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2013 9:52:44 PM PDT
My answer would be .... "Why don't people please , please get back to commenting about the movie & could please stop worrying about or showing more interest about drama & what other people are posting rather than focusing on their own individual on track comments about the movie ? This is supposed to be about what people feel about the movie & not what people feel about what others have been saying to one another here. People are so hung up on my comments to someone else. I swear people are so glued into other people's comments losing all focus on what the comments should only be about. The movie. I wish it would all stop already."

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2013 1:07:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2013 1:07:51 AM PDT
Your response here to me didn't define anything about what is a good movie this is for all of us either , Dear. Where is your response to whether the movie is defined as good or not for all of us ? There is none. Instead you would rather write to me or about me & my comments instead of creating your own post about your own individual comment(s) about whether or not you like the movie or would like to go see the movie if you already haven't. While not trying to bother other commentators like myself. You didn't define anything about the movie here either. You're just writing to me for some reason or another. Another pot calling out the kettle scenario. Pure hypocrisy. I wish people would stop writing to each other here & just focus their writings on the movie. The more people write crap to me or about me the more I will respond. If nobody writes about me & just keeps their comments about the movie here the more things will be just fine with me & people here. Stop dogging me out in my posts. Keep your own posts about the movie. Stop writing about me or about my comments. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2013 2:28:03 AM PDT
You must be talking about "Sam" calling me a Hater in his response. If you are , thank you.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (2,628 customer reviews)

$14.98 $9.96