89 of 92 people found the following review helpful
WOW!!! How can this be so cheap,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Panasonic SL-SX420 CD/MP3 Player with Headphones (Metallic finish) (Electronics)
What a great CD player!!! I initially was pretty wary of this due to the low price and a couple of the reviews here on amazon were pretty sorry, but then I read the [reviews] and was sold on the player. This is the best bang for the buck you can get in electronics these days!
1. Great Sound! Plenty loud enough. Volume from 0-25 and I listen around 10-11 on earbud headphones. Also sounds perfect in the car with a tape adapter.
2. I can't get it to skip
3. Yes it does have XBS, resume, shuffle (although even the panasonic site disagrees)
4. Cool look with slim design and very light
5. Reads mp3s Very quickly and well, Although it doesn't have ID3, it is very easy to navigate albums/tracks. If you make your mp3 CD with Musicmatch with album folders, you can skip albums by holding the track advance button for a couple of seconds. You can shuffle the whole mp3 cd or just one album
6. Remote is Perfect and you can control almost everything with it, has a clip on it too
7. Battery life is phenomenal!!! up to 48 hours with 2 alkaline and more with NiMH
Overall this is the coolest CD player I have seen, especially for so [inexpensive]. I already have purchased an additional one as a gift! If you are looking for a new cd player, definitely check this one out.
Pansonic's MP-70 with ID3 support and SV550 with digital tuner look cool too, but I really wanted the remote. Panasonic should make a model with remote, tuner, ID3 support ...! Until then I am loving my SX420!