1.0 out of 5 stars Buyers beware!!!!, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Latest 808 #26 Mini 1080P Full HD Car Camera Video DVR keychain Looping Driving Recorder H.264 AVI SunPlus SPCA6330A+OV2710 (Camera)
I ordered an 808 #26 1080p keychain.They sent me a 720x480 SD keychain which is worth $8. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I asked the seller to just send me the correct device that I ordered, but they wouldn't and instead refunded my money. They said the reason they could not send me the product I oredered was because it was out of stock.

Here's the email:

"
I'm sorry to hear that. Items look all the same, so we made a mistake and we sent you $8 one instead of 808 #26. We will refund you because 808 #26 1080p is out of stock.
"

LIARS! It is shown as in stock, as of today, 09-27-2013, the same day they sent me that email.

This seller is very shady. I wish Amazon would ban them from selling here.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 12, 2013 5:47:15 AM PDT
PapitoSabe says:
good to know, they are definitely counting on people that don't know and won't complain. What did amazon say about this and the fact they said out of stock, but still selling it?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2014 7:48:56 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 26, 2014 7:50:04 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2014 7:50:26 PM PST
this item was 12 dollars each just yesterday.. now 100.. can you say "bait and switch".. and its the #18 seller on amazon video surveillance.. how rich is this guy getting!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2014 3:25:30 AM PST
PapitoSabe says:
Its not a bait and switch if they changed the price to fix the errors. Why would they continue to sell a $100 camera for $12??? Look up "bait and switch."

They fixed their errors. Now if the problem continues then Amazon should do something about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2014 3:26:20 PM PST
Its back down to 14 dollars today.. still saying 1080p, same seller, same comments, same camera..

sorry.. wrong words.. I meant to say false advertising. The act of advertising something better than what you are selling so people will buy and then giving them more of a hassle returning than its worth. in other words ripping people off.

Well I bought one today for 14 and we will see when it arrives exactly what resolution the camera records at. Check out my video about problems buying from china. I'm sure I will do another one on this camera when I get it.

You're right though.. they need to fix this problem if thats whats going on.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2014 4:01:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2014 4:06:24 PM PST
PapitoSabe says:
I see. Check out Techmoan's 808 #26 video. Thats my go to guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2GfrxJ4rPQ There is a seller on ebay that's legit I think he mentions the seller in one of his vids or maybe its another guy. There is also a website of a guy that reviews (no video) the different 808's even more extensively than Techmoan. http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.shtml Hope you get the right thing. That site should be able to help differentiate the old cheap 808 from the new ones. Let us know what you get.

also, you may be right. They may just be hoping people don't complain.

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 4:33:22 AM PST
Hi Ben,

We are one of the sellers of this item, our seller name is "Teton Webstores". We noticed that there are a few sellers on this listing (China sellers) that were selling a cheap knock off version of this product (I think around the $10 price point). It looks like you got a knock off from one of these sellers.

We are based in the USA and we are selling the Genuine version of #26 808 camera. We ran out of stock for a while and during this time a Chinese seller started selling a knock off version. We now have the #26 808 back in stock. If you wanted to re-order the correct one, please make sure you pick us as the seller when you add it to your cart (it looks like the seller who was selling the knock off, is no longer on this listing at this time).

Please message us if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dan

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2014 11:58:20 AM PST
this is BS. Rather than telling us that another Amazon vendor is selling counterfeit items or not the correct item, maybe you can help get them kicked out of Amazon and help customers. My experience has been that each day its a gamble as to what the price of this camera is. some days 10 bucks some days 100 .. same ad, same comments, same thing. if a vendor is selling these items at 10 dollars and I dont get the 808 #26 (mine is in transit) and that was what was described, that vendor doesnt owe me 10 bucks because I was sent the wrong one (on purpose), I should be sent the 808 #26 for 10 bucks. go to a big box store and show them something incorrectly ticketed and they will give you the item at the incorrect displayed price because it was in their error.
They are being deceptive and YOU as an amazon vendor should be pissed and do something more about it.

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 10:41:33 PM PST
A. Flores says:
Others have said what needed to be said. I just want everyone to be aware of the seller that i bought this from. It is not even a #18 . It does not have anything on the back, but looks exactly like the $7.99 one that is being sold here on Amazon. The seller I bought this from is TYSO USA. Recorder gear is now currently selling it at $99.99. I'm sure this is the actual #26.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 3:10:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2014 3:11:22 PM PST
kevin E says:
A flores,,, how sure are you? 100 bucks sure?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›