Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars The Brain Workout, October 25, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Big Brain Academy (Video Game)
Thinking. Analyzing. Solving Problems. Logic. These are just some of the skills that Big brain Academy will help you develop (or re-develop).

No, it's not Resident Evil or Splinter Cell. But it is as fun and addictive; it's certainly as challenging if not more challenging, and it's a nice pallet cleanser from the plethora of pure entertainment value games that my kids and I play.

Big Brain Academy is a bit advanced at times for my grade schoolers, but the parts that they do get really help them develop the skills that they are concurrently working on in school.

There's a daily practice area that gives your skills a workout. And there's a test area that challenges you to quickly and accurately work through various tasks, then provides you with a grade based on how well you did on the test.

Kids reading this will NO vote me to death for saying this, but this is a great game for parents to get for their kids. It's one of the only ones (Brain Age is the other) that I never take away from my own kids when they've misbehaved or simply just had too much video gaming. They never complain.

Addictive fun. Buy it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2006 7:59:52 PM PST
Lefty B. says:
The same review by the same person was given for Brain Age, which makes it have NO credibility at all for me. Too bad, pretty nice review...........but what is it reviewing?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2007 6:34:03 AM PST
Sky says:
Lefty, thanks for your comment. Actually, there are small differences in the reviews. But "mostly" you are correct, the reviews are indeed mirror images; both Brain Age and Big Brain Acadamy have "mostly" the same effect on gamers. So here's hoping that my review is at least "mostly" credible.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2007 4:40:53 PM PDT
Sharbysyd says:
I think your review was credible. I went and read the other review and I felt it was similar but you did point out that the 8 doesn't work well on Brain Age and you mentioned the Sudoku, so you took the time to review each one.

Posted on Oct 27, 2007 2:39:48 AM PDT
I wish I had something like this back in elementary school. Instead I had pokemon. As someone who wants to go into game design, I can say that I like the nintendo ds very much and your review of this game which I recently bought is spot on. If I could I'd give my younger cousins ds's and brain age to improve there intellect and grades. Thanks for reviewing the game.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 2:05:13 PM PST
Hi Sky, thanks for your review, and response to comments! Question: what grade level is this appropriate? You mention your grade schoolers, but not the exact grade, nor their level within that grade. Please add your comment and opinion for this, thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2012 8:06:12 AM PST
Sky says:
Hi, Thai. When I wrote this review (over 5 years ago!...Where does the time go?) my at the time 6 and 8 year olds were playing it and my 8 year old eventually even got "a better grade" at one point than me.

Sky