Customer Review

154 of 167 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars This will keep the dark out, April 9, 2011
This review is from: Sterno Emergency Candles and Clear Mist
This liquid candle works as advertised. In a black out PROPERLY PLACED IN A SAFE AREA AWAY FROM DOGS, CATS AND KIDS this liquid candle will prevent you from stumbling around and last several days. Think! You only use it when it's dark! 12 hours at most? During a recent blackout we put one on the bathroom shelf and the light was sufficient to ,,,, well you get the idea.
We did put it out when we went to bed and in it's place used a light stick which kinda does the job. One thing we have learned is that you can never have too many of these candles in storage. They last almost forever! And you can never have too many light sticks either.
I highly recommend these candles, especially when it's dark! ~~LOL~~
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

[Add comment]
Post a comment
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Amazon will display this name with all your submissions, including reviews and discussion posts. (Learn more)
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

As a representative of this product you can post one Official Comment on this review. It will appear immediately below the review wherever it is displayed.   Learn more
The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)
After clicking the Post button you will be asked to create your public name, which will be shown with all your contributions.

Is this your product?

If you are the author, artist, manufacturer or an official representative of this product, you can post an Official Comment on this review. It will appear immediately below the review wherever it is displayed.  Learn more
Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

If you are the author, artist, manufacturer or an official representative of this product, you can post an Official Comment on this review. It will appear immediately below the review wherever it is displayed.   Learn more
 
System timed out

We were unable to verify whether you represent the product. Please try again later, or retry now. Otherwise you can post a regular comment.

Since you previously posted an Official Comment, this comment will appear in the comment section below. You also have the option to edit your Official Comment.   Learn more
The maximum number of Official Comments have been posted. This comment will appear in the comment section below.   Learn more
Prompts for sign-in
 

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 9, 2011 11:24:32 PM PDT
NY Outdoors says:
Make sure the light sticks are white or yellow the other colors do nothing!

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 11:27:14 AM PST
dlb says:
It's good to ask someone who has used one, smoke? black grit from this? I am on oxygen, so if I stay more than 5 feet away there can be a flame in the room but my lungs can't take regular candle smoke and the black residue they product? I'm desperate trying to find something to use other than a battery operated lantern that is heavy for me. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 12:46:29 PM PST
NY Outdoors says:
My father was on constant oxygen. He used these candles when there was a black out. There is no smell, no residue, let's put it this way, they are not as bright as a Hurricane lamp but put in a safe place, i put one in a glass shelf in the bathroom for obvious reasons that was NOT close to the ceiling, it worked great. It all depends on safety. They dont spill if tipped over lit but will seep oil at a slow rate. Very slow. A safe way to use this is to place it in or on a metal pie plate on the stove, assuming you are not going to use the stove. Never sleep with it lit. As Far as the oxygen I truly believe you are safe.
God Bless feel better!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›