Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Dentist recommended!, March 9, 2009
This review is from: Crest 3D White Luxe Whitestrip Teeth Whitening Kit, Glamorous White, 14 Treatments (Health and Beauty)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before using this product I wanted my dentist's honest opinion of Crest Whitestrips. He said: "The products used by dentists to white teeth that actually do something are identical to the solution used in Crest Whitestips. What makes one work and another not work is how well the product keeps the solution in contact with the teeth. The original Crest Whitestrips did not work well because they did not stick to the teeth well enough. If the Advanced Seal actually stick to the teeth - buy the Crest Whitestrips and don't spend the extra money paying a dentist to overcharge you."

I asked about whether they work on bonded and capped teeth and he stated very simply that all whitening products work only on natural enamel. My bonded front teeth would not get any whiter excepted for the parts where the enamel is exposed and then I might wind up with ugly bi-colored front teeth.

As for sensitivity - it is possible, with any whitener to experience temporary sensitivity. He recommended that if I experienced this problem to use the whitestrips once every three days and to use a good fluoride rinse on the two days in between. It will take longer to get results but you'll get the same results with less discomfort.

How long does the effect last? He said the whitening is mostly permanent - that the teeth will darken a little over time but will never go back to their original shade. If you're dissatisfied with the darkening over time, repeat the process. It is not harmful to your teeth.

My personal experience? The strips stick and stick pretty well. There are a couple of teeth that they start peeling off of before the 30 minutes is up but they're towards the back and don't show when I smile. My bonded front teeth are slightly lighter where the enamel is revealed but not enough to be obvious. The teeth that had no fillings, crowns or bonding are whitening. I've taken my dentists advice and am not using the strips every day. I skip a day or two between strips so I still have 4 days remaining. So far, I've not experienced any sensitivity.

Based on my personal results and my dentist's recommendation, if you are considering whitening your smile, try the Advanced Seal Crest Whitestrips. Not only do they work well, but mine came with a NICE coupon for the next round and an even whiter smile.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 16, 2009 1:19:35 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2009 12:13:32 PM PDT
M. Kooiman says:
My dentist and I have been good friends for more than 20 years and I trust his advice. The conversation was not bogus. I was in his office for a cleaning and we chatted about this product since I knew I was receiving a box from Vine. The only concern about the product that he had was whether the manufacturer fixed the problem with the strips not sticking. He said if they stick, buy them and then he proceeded to tell me how teeth whiteners work, which ones were, to borrow a phrase, bogus and which ones weren't. Then he gave me advice on what to do if they caused sensitivity and how to handle the problem of bonded teeth and fillings.

To answer your original question - both. Who better to provide a review of this product than a dentist. I include my own experience with the product plus my dentist's own helpful advice.

Posted on May 28, 2009 11:55:34 PM PDT
Shamrock says:
Thank you for your very helpful review. I too talk with my dentist and ask him for his opinion about products.

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 4:33:41 PM PDT
Kelly says:
This was a very helpful review! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›