5.0 out of 5 stars It sure is helping me (Edited to add success), January 10, 2005
This review is from: The Infertility Cure: The Ancient Chinese Wellness Program for Getting Pregnant and Having Healthy Babies (Hardcover)
***ETA: I did more acupuncture but again ran out of money. So, going back to Ms. Lewis' book, I did my points with a point stimulator and followed my herbal routine along with practicing meditation and guided imagery. And in May 2006, I had my third and permanent positive pregnancy test. I continued my meditation and took it super easy. While my pregnancy was a bit difficult due to an incompetent cervix, I am thrilled to say that this January my beautiful, healthy, sweet little boy celebrated his first birthday. He was born just 5 months shy of my 41st birthday!***

First let me say, that I've been struggling with infertility for over 3 years. I went through two failed IVF cycles, a couple of failed IUI's and for what? NOTHING!! I had started my journey at the age of 35 and couldn't believe that I was already done for when it came to having children.

I will admit that my first book was Inconceivable by Julia Indichova (that led me to wheatgrass to help my FSH levels). I then purchased Alice Domar's "Conquering Infertility" to help me get in the right state of mind. Finally, I came to The Infertility Cure.

I did the acupuncture for some time but finally my funds simply gave way. Instead I relied on her illustrations to choose points for acupressure. I also did the questionnaire and used it to self-diagnose for herbal remedies. I did a great deal of research on each herb to ensure I understood all implications (I would strongly suggest seeing an herbalist to ensure you are choosing correctly).

Well, in August of 2004, I found myself holding a positive home pregnancy test! After over three years of trying to conceive, we had actually succeeded, on our own, with no medical intervention! After spending $21,000 in infertility treatments, I was able to find success in a book that was less than $25.00.

Unfortunately, my pregnancy didn't last. I lost it just two short weeks after I saw my positive. But I didn't lose hope. After all, I had finally moved a step past where I had been for so long. I continued to practice Ms. Lewis' suggestions and found myself pregnant yet again this past December. Again, I am losing that one as I write this but I've not done any of her recommendations for losses.

I am going to make the investment once again for acupuncture treatments. And again, I am going to re-read my book. This time, I am going to pay extra attention to the section on miscarriages. I've no doubt that I will succeed, and with the help of this book! I wish I could afford one of the getaways at Grove Park. But since I can't I'll accept this as a close enough second.

I'm going to have my baby! I have no doubt about it!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 7, 2007 7:24:51 PM PST
Peace 4 U says:
Wishing you success and lots of warm, caring thoughts!
From a fellow struggler.

Posted on Aug 27, 2010 10:14:14 AM PDT
Hey, from your other review on Amazon it looks like you DID have your baby after all! So, first of all congratulations and second of all, were you following the book's advice when you had the baby? Readers would be interested in knowing. Anyway, congratulations again and many happy wishes.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2010 3:13:10 PM PDT
Yeah, that's what I wrote in the top section where I added "ETA (Edited to add success). As I mentioned I went back to the book and followed the points suggestions, and the herbal routine, along with guided imagery and meditation. And thank you. He's 3 1/2 now and a blessing in every way. Along with this book, I would suggest Alice Domar's "Conquering Infertility" which also offers great suggestions to help with the stressful side of things. Just remember: Check with your doctor first to make sure you have no PHYSICAL issue (like blocked tubes) that may need to address first. And remember that just like any other treatment this may not happen overnight. For some reason, many who will accept dealing with western medicine for years get very frustrated when this hasn't worked overnight. But if you truly give it a chance, I'll bet this works for you. Good luck! Look forward to reading the review of your success.

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 7:56:17 PM PDT
K. Otik says:
Such strength in you ;-)

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 10:43:05 PM PDT
A. Huff says:
Wow, I really want to get this book now! I have had 7 miscarriages in 12 month period and to listen to you gives me such hope! I pray you are blessed with all the precious babies that you desire!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2012 8:35:28 PM PST
LifeLearner says:
Hi FertileMyrtle,

Thanks so much for writing such a encouraging review. Ur review has brought so much positive energy back. I lost my baby after 20 weeks due to incompetence cervix (IC). You mentioned that u had incompetence cervix during your third pregnancy, what did do you do to handle this? I am worried about my increasing FSH level and biological age. I want to try to get pregnant but I am afraid about IC. I asked my LAc about it but she does not have specific thing for IC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 1:29:05 AM PST
Hi Lifelearner,

IC is a physical issue so there's not much that can be done. I'm sure someone may have exercises that can be tried, but I don't know of any. I wound up having a cerclage (meaning they stitched up my cervix to keep it closed) and was put on bedrest for most of my pregnancy. It was miserable but more than worth it. I'd do it again and again just to have my sun ( because he is the light of my life and my world revolves around him) with me.

I am truly sorry for your loss. My losses were earlier on and I think, for me only, that it made the loss easier because I hadn't really dared to hope that I would finally be blessed. It would have been much harder to have a loss so much later. My heart goes out to you and your family. But stay your ground and keep trying. Your baby girl is waiting for you!

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 9:14:34 PM PST
R. Lowry says:
What you need to do is find a Community Acupuncturist in your city. Can't afford acupuncture? That is very sad to me. Everyone in China can afford acupuncture, even the poorest of the poor, the fact that the average going rate in America is $65 per session is rather bizarre to the average Chinese patient and doctor. $15-35 sliding fee scale per treatment at a community acupuncture clinic is affordable to everyone. Google "community acupuncture (your city)"

By the way, the word "acupressure" is a misnomer. Acu means needle, so that would translate as "needle pressure". What you are doing is stimulating a point with massage...just like you can stimulate it with heat, needles, electricity etc.

Oh and about "point stimulators", a huge part of the action of acupuncture is to have many needles in place all over the body AT ONCE, leaving them in for a half an hour or more, and also the actual breaking of the skin is part of it too. Stimulating a point with whatever else, one point at a time miss the point so to speak. ;) But, something is better than nothing.

Anyway...I wish you luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 12:17:25 AM PST
Unfortunately, the "even the poorest of the poor" of China can no longer afford acupuncture either. I currently am living in Beijing, and acupuncture here is just as expensive as in the States, especially when you throw in the herbs. Outside of the city, it is definitely cheaper but when you only earn a few hundred dollars a year, it is still frightfully expensive. Most folks forgo acupuncture and just do herbs or cupping (a cheaper option these days). The Birds Nest they sell for fertility is currently bringing in $3000 (that's USD) per three nest treatment, and that's just average. It can go as high as $9000 USD. Sadly, most of them are found to be fakes. Just tragic. But as for acupressure, I find it extremely effective. Would acupuncture be better? Sure. It goes deeper to get to more points. But I have found my period issues relieved with acupressure just as effectively as with acupressure. Using my point stimulator nonetheless! It depends on what your issues are, where the points are located. Otherwise, moxibustion and cupping would also be worthless, right? Add qi gong to acupressure and you should have a winning combination for the majority of cases. For those that need more help, I would definitely say that they should stick to acupuncture. I know that this isn't what an acupuncturist wants to hear (my first two acupuncturists were also very much against acupressure and stimulators, but it was their business to discourage this). It wasn't until my third that I finally was given the go ahead to do this at home, coming in once a month to check and see my status.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 9:58:54 AM PST
Hello I read you'r review and congratulations on your baby! well I am sure he not a baby anymore, but I had a question I also have IC and have lost 2 babies at 15 weeks, I am currently 15 weeks pregnant with a cerclage and had a successful cerclage with my 2 yr old, hopefully this cerclage holds as well. my question to you is with your baby were you able to "heal" your cervix naturally? I would love to have 1 more baby but I am scared of getting another cerclage due to scarring and I am scared a third one would not hold as well...thank you
‹ Previous 1 Next ›