5.0 out of 5 stars Best Timberland Boots, December 5, 2013
This review is from: Timberland Men's Earthkeepers CT Boot (Apparel)
Overall, these are my favorite boots ever, and here's why:

Construction
These boots are made of leather, removable soles, canvas laces, and rubber heels. The leather is like suede for the brown boots, and because of the stitching, leather, and rubber, these shoes are waterproof. This suede material is still able to wick away water like if it was plastic (i poured water on them, but I have yet to freeze them). I find the rubber heels to be the best feature of these boots because the point of having rubber soles is to give you grip in cases of rain, sleet, snow, etc. I haven't tested these boots on snow, yet, but so far, they have excellent traction.

Look
These boots are not flashy like biker boots, military boots, brogues, oxfords, etc. However, that's the best part of the these boots. Because of my own personal style, I would say that, at best, they can be used for business causal settings during Fall, Winter, or rainy days. However, just because of personal style, a number of factors play into how these boots fit into an aesthetic. However, their beauty is that they're simple which makes them versatile. They don't just fit into the common categories of "casual" or "hiking" or "work" or "dress" boots because it has subtle features of several of those categories, and this is why I like them aesthetically.

Size
When I read the other comments about these boots, most of them mentioned that these boots were too big by a half size. I disagree. These boots are true to fit, except with a small caveat. They are A TAD BIT loose around the toes. This will obviously feel very different from running shoes, which are supposed to be true to fit. But, let me explain. First, these boots have laces, so you can tie them as tight as you want. I realized that I could tie my boots so that they fit comfortably, AND MY FOOT DOES NOT MOVE IN MY SHOE. In other words, when tied correctly, the boot is snug around my heel and instep, and my toes do not slide to the front of my boot. This means that the boot is fine, but the toes have a little room incase people plan to wear thicker socks, and to allow blood flow to the toes.

Also, remember that these are leather. The leather will conform to your foot the more you use them.

Feel
Right out of the box, these are some of the most comfortable shoes. Usually, shoes require time and use to become more comfortable. However, these shoes were comfortable from the moment I put them on. The sole is soft, although it could use a tad bit more arch support. The toes, like I said above, have a little room, but not too much. The boots are not tight around the ankle. They are especially warm, and like I said above, they are made of leather so I expect them to fit better the more I use them. However, I will say, one should take care of leather precisely because of this fact. If these boots get too wet, they can loose their shape, so just a warning.

Last, but not least: THESE BOOTS ARE LIGHT. This should be obvious, but compared to other boots and especially to Timberlands, these boots are not heavy. Compared to canvas sneakers like Chuck Taylors, Vans, etc or any running shoes, these boots are definitely heavier, but canvas sneakers and running shoes are the lightest shoes on the scale. Now, compared to other boots, especially other Timberlands, these feel like running shoes (this is of course relative to heavier and normal boots). That is to say, these boots are on the lighter side on the "boot weight scale."

Overall
Like I said above, these boots are excellent. I would recommend them. Don't be concerned with having roomy toes, but if it does, maybe you could try a half size smaller and tell me how that goes.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]