12 of 12 people found the following review helpful
Great for younger audience,
This review is from: Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python, 2nd Edition (Paperback)
This is a great introductory book for new or beginning programmers. It has been instrumental
in teaching a 13 year old the basics of programming.
1) Clear and detailed explanations of concepts and of the different data structures.
2) Fun to read for younger readers. The examples and games are interesting.
3) There is a clear progression with every chapter.
1) The lack of an index is a little inconveneient.
2) It would be great if after every chapter there is some suggested programming assignments.
With solutions on the website. This would've been a tremondous help for parents. I frequently had to resort
to inventing little games/programs as exercises for every chapter.
Overall it's an excellent book and highly recommended.
Tracked by 2 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2012 9:40:17 AM PDT
I bet coming up with your own exercises helped reinforce your own understanding :)
Posted on May 17, 2012 10:10:23 AM PDT
Melissa J. Newman says:
You could always post the exercises and solutions that you created to help other parents.
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2013 4:41:19 PM PDT
Lester T says:
I would really like to see the exercises you came up with as well!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›