Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games

1.0 out of 5 stars Fans, speak up to WB by NOT PURCHASING THIS INSULT!!!, July 6, 2013
This review is from: Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This set is clearly made by someone (probably a whole panel of someones) who knows far less about this series than any self respecting "Friday the 13th" fan. This is nothing more than a greedy studio trying to milk fans and underestimating the intelligence of said fanbase. And they will continue to do so unless we speak up by either A. NOT purchasing insulting cash grabs or B. writing our disdain to the studios.

Please, fans, DO NOT allow them to keep us over a barrel (where they have easy access to taking advantage of us and our wallets) by buying this inferior product.

They're basically repackaging products you probably already own. Seriously, look up "Friday The 13th" on here to see just how many times they've put out the same movies with no added incentives except box art that just keeps getting more and more garish and further away from the classic poster art and title logos that we were so fond of back in the 80s. I say just stop buying this crap and maybe they'll take the hint and finally shell out some money to throw at these films the same way they expect us to. They'll only take advantage of us as much we'll let them. Well, not me and not anymore. I will not pay them for crap products and I will do whatever I can to spread the word. I hope others follow suit as well.

W7II has written an amazingly in-depth review of everything that is wrong with this set. I implore all of you to read his review/warning before you give any serious consideration (or your hard earned money) to this set.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2013 7:51:27 AM PDT
W7ll says:
Thank you Joseph for the kind words! i would hate for a fan to purchase this set at full retail and realize that the features aren't new, the films are edited theatrical releases, and the packaging may damage their collection. I appreciate your time and loyalty as well! We are in the same boat where yeah this collection is good for someone who does not have the films, but at the same time Warner could have gone above and beyond with the set! :)

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 12:49:13 PM PDT
MotleyGamer says:
should not be allowed to write a review before the product is released

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2013 8:47:55 PM PDT
Lotus Scrum says:
Usually I would agree with you here motleygamer however WB has released detailed specs on this set (along with packaing details and photos) so W7II's review is spot on. He also doesn't know if they are truly remastered but for the price we are all just expecting the prints to be upscaled dvds.....

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 5:36:13 AM PDT
This has not been released yet and cannot be judged until you have it in your hand. I think this looks like a great set and something they actually took a little time to get done. Especially with 9 and 10 on blu ray, which i am excited about.
Also, how can you say they have never released a good collection for this series? The DVD complete collection that was at Best Buy was the best thing i ever bought. It was very well made and put together.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2013 6:52:59 PM PDT
S. Craig says:
I think it's a cash grab.it's front of us all. I can see bluray owners wanting because they simply want 4-10 on bluray.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2013 6:13:17 AM PDT
Then don't buy it?

Complaining on the internet is about as low as it gets. Grow up. Move along.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2013 6:22:40 PM PDT
Tyler says:
As opposed to going to WB studios and complaining in person? lol. Wow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2013 10:06:18 AM PDT
SR says:
William Bohlken, I would normally agree with you about not reviewing something unreleased, but those of us who've purchased every iteration of these releases are speaking from a place of certain experience...AND we are the target audience. As far as the packaging goes, there exists another set that should inform our opinions on this one: The MASH Martinis and Medicine set. It was also released in cardboard sleeves. The MASH fans complained about how beautiful the set was, but how bad their DVDs were scratched after repeated use. Those fans were heard and the sets were released in a less-beautiful, but more sustainable package later. Why would WB make this same mistake? For the same reason they're releasing the same crap...they couldn't be bothered to care. They're banking on our hunger + glossy packaging = money in their pockets. Will they get that? Yes. Because we're like rapid dogs licking up every scrap we can procure from the masters table. Woof.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 2:44:54 AM PDT
Brian R says:

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 1:54:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2013 5:21:07 AM PDT
Well put Joseph, and I agree 100%! I have reiterated the same exact thing for years now, but of course now we have the younger generation of fans (and some older as well) whom are somewhat naive to the term 'double-dipping'..which in my opinion creates a major setback for all of the hard work and dedication that we (the early '80s baby boomers) have put into spreading the good word! This must simply come to a halt! Paramount, WB, they're ALL crooks, and I had to learn that the hard way back in '08 when I purchased the first box set ever created. And ever since that day, I swore that I would never allow these phonies to fool me again; clearly I have kept my word! Now don't get me wrong, I am desperate to hear the commentary from Danny Steinmann (R.I.P.) on FT13th Part 5 (my favorite next to pt. 7). Here's to hoping that someone will upload it to YouTube because, again, I will never repurchase recycled, cut, duplicate's of films that I already own; not in this lifetime!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›