4.0 out of 5 stars Casio makes a prettier countdown watch!!!, October 22, 2008
I am like many of you that can't live without the countdown timer on this wonderful watch, but wish the watch were a little less geeky. I literally spent hours searching the world over (through the Internet) for a prettier watch that has the same timer feature. I have finely found it! It is also made by Casio, but for some odd reason they market it to Asia only. I did find a website that sells them to America. The watch is much prettier, with a round face, an analog dial (with the hands and all), and best of all a digital part that does the stopwatch and date. The essential and extremely rare countdown timer appears to be in a circle around the face of the watch and goes up to 60 minutes instead of just 30!! Anyway, thought some of you would want to know!
[...]

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2009 8:02:00 AM PDT
I am so happy I saw your comment!! I was looking for a silver version of my countdown watch - which I can't live without!! Thanks for taking the time to post and search. I just bought the new watch, I'm SO EXCITED!

Posted on Apr 27, 2009 9:11:20 PM PDT
stay real says:
Just want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! for directing me to this awesome site! Been looking all over for a multifunction digital watch with metal band and been wearing this HUGE watch (lots of people comment on its size) but I just hate how the plastic bands of the typical digital watch breaks every year! I just wish there's a nice looking multifunction watch PLUS count down timer!

Posted on Jul 7, 2010 11:14:28 AM PDT
SL says:
That's a beautiful watch you directed us to, but for $120 I'd like to know if it's more durable than the original cheapo version. I love the original - have had several of the black as well as the silver versions. But they're not water resistant and have no light, so I'd appreciate an alternative. Timex makes some with a reasonable countdown alarm (easy but not as easy as the Casio) but they're very masculine.

Posted on Nov 2, 2010 12:48:08 PM PDT
Thank you for this! And all your research and sharing it with us here... I am so grateful for this watch. It seems to work beautifully and looks lovely. Definitely a bit more complicated. I'll let you know how it goes -- but I really wanted that hourly chime (a reminder to pray)... working on figuring out the countdown timer.
Just wanted to thank you...

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 12:24:00 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 5, 2011 12:34:23 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 12:24:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2011 12:38:00 AM PST
The DNR says:
My father and I have been searching for a Men's version of this watch for a long time.

Thanks to your post, we had some good leads, and found the Casio W756B-1AV, Casio W756-1AV, and W756D-7AV (rubber band, cloth band, and metal band respectively).

They are sold by Amazon, and seems to be the best male alternative for this watch.

The W756 series have 9 preset start timers: 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 minutes.
(The Casio site is http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/Sports/W756_Series The manual can be found at: http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/wat/en/qw3100.pdf)
They require a couple of button presses to get to the timer, and there are no 1, 3, or 5 minute timers, but it is still a fantastic watch.
Thanks for getting us started on our search.

Men's versions
Casio Men's W756-1AV Digital Sport Watch
Casio Men's W756B-1AV Digital Sport Watch
Casio Men's W756D-7AV Digital Sport Watch

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 7:36:11 AM PST
DCH says:
Wait, what's the link? I don't see it in the posting anywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2013 11:21:09 AM PST
Hi,
I can't tell if you're referring to the men's or women's versions.

Here is the women's version I believe the original poster was referring to
Casio Women's LA670WA-1 Daily Alarm Digital Watch (silver)
Casio Women's LA670WGA-1DF Daily Alarm Digital Gold-tone Watch (gold)
(but it could have been another one, I seem to remember a version sold in Japan or Australia that was an analog/digital mix that had a round face that looked better. I can't find it right now though.)

Here are links to some of the men's versions, but anything with the W756 series.
Casio Men's W756D-7AV Digital Sport Watch (dressy)
Casio Men's W756-1AV Digital Sport Watch (black rubber strap)
Casio Men's W756B-1AV Digital Sport Watch (black cloth strap)

Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2013 11:28:54 AM PST
They seem to have deleted the link. I don't remember where it was now. But it was a prettier analog watch with some digital functions including the countdown timer. Sorry I dont recall where it was sold anymore!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2013 3:44:00 PM PST
Hi DCH & Belinda,
I looked further and found the women's watch I remembered (maybe the same one as you found Belinda?)

It is the Casio Collection : SHEEN Series. Models SHN-6005D-7A (silver dial face) SHN-6005D-4A (pink dial face). (Amazon link for pink dial)

You can see pictures and information online here:
and
Silver details: http://www.javys.com/casio/new_web/watch/new_watch.php?id=SHN-6005D-7A
Pink details: http://www.javys.com/casio/new_web/watch/new_watch.php?id=SHN-6005D-4A

The timer is described as follows:
"Countdown start time setting range: 1 to 60 minutes (1-minute increments)
Others: Auto-repeat, time up alarm, progress beeper on/off"

Good luck in your hunt. Please let us know if/where you find it, and if it is as described!

- DNR