2.0 out of 5 stars Why are we writing this book?, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown (Hardcover)
After reading this book I can't decide if it was written as an educational piece or for self-promotion and aggrandizement. Granted the economic theory and facts are correct but about a third of the way through I was tired of the continued "patting ourselves on the back" by the authors. I was even more disenchanted with the authors when I found that they are promoting a free and "secret filled" final chapter that is only available if you order directly from their website. In my eyes this gives them major credibility issues. I would also argue that this books theories and facts could have been plainly stated in about a hundred pages which, without the emotional hysteria, would would provide us with a better basis for discussion.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2011 2:57:59 PM PDT
Hello G.H.,
The reason for the bonus chapter is that our publisher didn't want readers flipping through the book in a bookstore and seeing a chapter that might be too gloomy if read out of context. The chapter is, however, available as a free download at the top of the Amazon book page.

If we are repetitious about the accuracy of our predictions, it is because very few people saw the Bubblequake of 2008, and very few see the coming Aftershock. We think it's important to remind people where our credibility comes from in order to alert them to the coming dangers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 11:28:54 AM PST
Eva Green says:
It's a shame that your infomercial is read, and not "told" and attaching the expensive freebies and poor fulfillment company. Next time ...don't read the stuff. Even the testimonial...yikes!
Everything on your presentation reeks of "fake hype". I am naturally interested in the content, but prepared myself by not using banks. I really dislike your infomercial.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 6:01:35 PM PST
Sorry Eva if you disliked the video. As we've said elsewhere, it is a Newsmax offer and we are not affiliated with the companies offering subscriptions. But we saw it as a good opportunity to promote the book. Hopefully you can make use of the information in the book anyway. Thanks.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 7:37:09 PM PST
C. Hamilton says:
I think we have to overlook everything except the content. The content is backed by factual information and unfortunately could just turn out to be true. I have always felt the economy has never really dipped like it should have.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 3:02:03 PM PDT
R. Brenizer says:

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 11:20:24 AM PDT
MegaBuyer says:
Watch the infomercial, got very excited about "free copy", once it lead me to another page where I had to pay $$$ to get it, I was turned away.

I think it would have been better if it dd not mention that it was "free". I might have bought the book before, and now, forget about it. It felt like another scam.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 4:47:45 PM PDT
C. Burnham says:
My sentiments exactly! I will never buy the book now! I hate being mislead and now they will never have me as a customer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:16:51 PM PST
L. Barbee says:
I too was interested in the content but was turned off by the "free" offer and the $$$ at the end. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2013 9:46:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2013 10:32:56 AM PDT
R Schier says:
"it is a Newsmax offer"

Thus, even more worthless than the National Enquirer, as at least in that case, they don't expect it to
be taken as anything other than for entertainment purpose.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2014 12:00:18 AM PST
Same here. When they say, it's free it should be free. If there is any hidden charge, conditions, or commitment, they should mention that too. When they can lie in the infomercial, you cannot trust they will deliver you true information.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›