2.0 out of 5 stars SUCH A CAT FIGHT!, January 2, 2009
This review is from: The Heretic Queen: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
While I basically enjoyed Moran's previous novel as fun fluff("Nefertiti") this one just didn't do it for me. Aside from all the historical mishaps (Yes. I know it's Historical Fiction), the main plot line was nothing more than an ancient Cinderella story. Nefertari is impossibly perfect, and her nemesis impossibly whiny.
It's a romance novel in disguise. Oh and that Ramesses, he's soooo dreamy. I dunno...looks like I'm the lone 2 star gal here among so many perfect 5 star reviews. Very curious.
By the way, read Pauline Gedge...I promise she has books you can intellectually appreciate. I feel Moran lowered the bar for herself on this one. I hope she leaves a lot of the shmaltzy stuff out of her next novel.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2009 3:46:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2009 3:48:08 AM PDT
Graeme Moore says:
Its a shame a negative review is often so willingly savaged but dont cave in to the naysayers Ms K. Kudos to you for sharing your opinion even if some dont want to hear it. Thumbs up from me though. There is a place for negative and positive reviews as prospective readers have the right to determine if the work is for them or not. Impossible if all reviews are the same. And yes...i love Pauline Gedge too. Some great works there for Egyptophiles.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2009 10:18:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2009 10:19:15 PM PDT
Ms. K says:
Thank you Mr. Moore. Now what I know is common practice amongst writers who receive neg reviews on Amazon is that their friends and associates do actually savage that review. I don't have any proof, but within 30 minutes of my review's posting, there were 6...yes 6...votes of not helpful. Very curious....Yes...Pauline Gedge is truly wonderful. You have great taste!

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2009 3:35:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2009 3:36:39 PM PDT
Tara says:
Ms. K, thank you so much for your comment on my review. I have noticed the same. I gave Nefertiti 4 stars and made the mistake of saying I preferred Mutny. I was attacked. I deleted the review but have since reposted it. I decided I had nothing to be ashamed of and dear Graeme informed me to just stick to my guns. LOL. I have gave this one 3 stars and the Moran fan club has done the same to it. I am on to them tho. LOL. Be interesting to see what happens after we read Cleopatra's Daughter.. If you give it anything less than 5 stars, they go nuts...hm... Bring it on, eh? :) What I find most curious is they are more than eager to give negative votes, but fail to tell us why. Not a single comment. No balls! Keep up the honest reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2009 4:27:28 PM PDT
Ms. K says:
Hi!

OK I don't have evidence of this, but I can sense that a lot of her fanatic followers are most likely her friends and associates (It's VERY common for writers to request glowing reviews). I myself will pass on Cleopatra's Daughter. You're a brave woman Tara! I hope you rip their tits off!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

If you hate it...give it 2 stars...that'll get their panties into knots. Take care Tara...

Posted on Jun 9, 2010 6:46:58 AM PDT
Ithlilian says:
I loved Nefertiti because I loved the main character. I felt that Nefertari was very whiny, childish, selfish and only interested in one thing-love. This is no where near as complex or entertaining as Nefertiti and I am very disappointed. I'd write a one star review but I couldn't even finish this book.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2011 10:18:48 AM PDT
I forced myself to finish by scanning. You aren't missing anything. Utter drivel.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (212 customer reviews)

$11.55