Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for $200, September 24, 2012
This review is from: Monster Micro Clarity Bluetooth Speakers (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
This small bluetooth speaker packs a mild punch and sounds good to the average listener. If you were hoping for sound like the bose soundlink or jawbone big jambox, its not even close. This speaker puts out about 50% of the output the soundlink and big jambox would. Its a little cheaper but not by much.

I returned this item as it didn't come close to competing with the soundlink I had recently bought. I would buy this product if it were priced around $100. No way will many people buy this for $200. Simply not enough sound/volume/loudness to justify paying that. Best Buy has this speaker along with a couple others that it simply can not compete with. Yes, it is smaller and if thats all youre looking for then the Jawbone little jambox produces just as much if not more sound than this at about the same size and cheaper.

Again, a nice small simple BT speaker but costs too much for too little sound.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2012 12:24:50 AM PDT
oluv says:
were you able to compare it to the small jambox as well? ilounge did a review of the clarity hd micro and they were not impressed at all. they even claimed the jambox to have better bass response.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 5:08:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2012 5:12:04 AM PDT
Nick says:
yes i have heard the small jambox a few times and the monster clarityhd sound very very similar. The monsters bass sounds very similar well. I wasnt unimpressed with the bass at all. It was just the fact that the little device didnt get loud enough for much satisfaction. I would say the small jambox can get louder by about 20%

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:53:37 AM PST
oluv says:
Finally I was able to try the clarity hd micro today and man what a treble-pushing speaker! I mean i heard nothing except treble treble treble. Even the JBL flip had a more balanced sound, although the Flip is not treble-shy to begin with. There was some bass, but could only hear it when i put my ear against the back, otherwise it sounded not better than my mobile-phone. I wonder how Monster can dare to ask 200 bucks for this! They are crazy!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:04:53 AM PST
Nick says:
I agree the speaker is not worth 200. It should priced closer to 100. I just got the bose sounddock portable which im sure youve heard oluv, and it has incredible sound!!! But I know you like your speakers smaller and more portable but this thing puts out crazy sound!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:32:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 8:34:02 AM PST
oluv says:
i own the sounddock portable too, i just don't use it that often anymore.
just be sure to get the new sounddock portable cover too. i noticed it today in the store. There are 3 different covers available, red blue and dark grey. i travelled a lot with the speaker and mine already looks a bit worn and scratched, i will be getting such a cover soon as i think that it even looks more more funky than without!

also have a listen to the new JBL flip! it is not bad for 99, definitely better than the monster! it has a bit of bass, but it can get along with additional bass-boost. i tried some apps like bongiovi DSP and it sounded really nice regarding the miniscule size. just take a bit of treble away and push bass a little more and the flip really shines!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:04:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:08:14 AM PST
Nick says:
I will give the jbl flip a try sometime when I get a chance. I'm starting to realize I will sacrifice size for more sound and performance. The sounddock portable has incredible sound IMO for its size. Yea its bigger than the monster/jambox/flip/shoqbox but it produces twice the sound. I like knowing that I can take it outside and still be able to crank up the volume. I just can't do that with the smaller BT devices. I bough a bluetooth receiver off amazon to put on the sounddock which turns it into a bluetooth device.

In the end I think its the ultimate device as you can use it anywhere (doesnt have to be plugged in), can play from bluetooth, outstanding loud performance, and still fairly portable considering how much sound it produces.

I am excited to hear the what philips fidelio p9 sounds like. I bet its going to be very similar to the soundlink

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:16:17 AM PST
oluv says:
i already heard the p9. it was a disaster, very disappointing sound. it is by far not that loud as the soundlink and bass is pretty anemic. it has nice treble and mids though, but the difference is hardly noticable, it rather sounds like a soundlink with bass turned down completely.

do you still have your soundlink or did you trade it in in favor of the sounddock portable?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:32:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:33:50 AM PST
Nick says:
I still have the soundlink II. I use both of them depending on what I'm doing. I use the portable on the porch and balcony because it can produce a fuller/richer sound outside. And Ill use the soundlink in my bedroom and to travel with. Some people can't stand bose because its not "audiophile" quality and while I see their point, my ears love the sound that bose produces.

What kind of computer speakers do you have? I had the Bose companion 20's and they were awesome except I didnt like how the right speaker had 4 wires running out the back and for some reason I just didn't like the puck volume control so I returned them. I currently am using Boston Acoustics 735 which I think are little gems for the size.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:13:38 AM PST
oluv says:
i am using the computer music monitors from bose at work. i cannot afford a subwoofer-system my boss would kill me. the music monitors are incredible for their size and the sound is more than enough for my needs. i would only wish a portable version of them ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:31:56 PM PST
Nick says:
Yea a subwoofer might not cut it at work.. lol. The musicmonitors are awesome little speakers. I was about to get them but I preferred the louder sound performance of the 20's. But the monitors sound is beastly for their tiny size. My favorite part about bose is that really none of their speakers distort at highest volumes. Some other brands might get louder but they lose that clean/clear feeling bose creates at all levels.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›