5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for the price, December 16, 2012
This review is from: Haier LE46A2280 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim LED HDTV (Electronics)
I bought this TV on Wednesday and had it by Friday with the free super saver shipping. Amazing. I am not a tv/ tech freak like most people who buy TVs. I was looking for a bargain and I think this TV is worth what I paid. It exceeds expectations for a $350 hdtv set.

Picture Quality:

The picture quality is great, very sharp and very bright. Great colors and sharpness. I was really worried about getting a 60hz tv because I watch a lot of sports and will play xbox on occasion. I have not hooked up the xbox yet, but I watched some basketball and football on this set and it looks great. I have it next to a 120hz set and honestly, I cant really tell a difference. It is not choppy and it is not blurry while watching sports. There may be a slight difference but you really have to concentrate to look for it.

If you are a casual/ average viewer, you will be pleased. If you want to compare this to 600-700 tv, I'm sure it isnt as good, but is that what you are expecting? The quality is more than fine and you will be satisfied for the price you pay.

Notes:

As others have said, this tv has 2 HDMI ports, not 3. The remote is pretty cheap and the reference manual is a joke. The stand is good quality and the tv itself, picture aside, looks really nice. The bezel is small and it has a brushed texture finish. It doesn't look cheap and if it didn't have the name "haier" on it, you would probably think it cost a lot more than it does. I read reviews about the speakers and how much they suck. At first when I was testing it out, I thought the speakers really did kinda suck. It has a plug for hooking up your own set of speakers so I quickly remedied that.

With all this being said, I have owned the tv for a couple days and have tried to test it out with movies, sports, and general tv. Overall it is good and I give it a thumbs up.

I should also note that it did not have any dead pixels. If I run into any issues, I will update this review.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 2:13:09 AM PST
toniea says:
Hey! Have you tested the Xbox on it as yet? Can you post some pics of the picture quality please? I wanna buy one but just nervous about the brand and grey patches on dark scenes...

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 7:21:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 7:23:35 PM PST
Parth Parida says:
Hi Bob, i read your comments and now thinking of buying this LED TV..
Basically I am looking for a big screen for watching movies and 2nd connect my 11" laptop thru HDMI and 3rd thing to use USB for viewing and slideshow of picture (JPEG)...sometime watch video thru USB..
I appreciate if you could tell me if this TV is best for me for above requirement without any problem
if you have faced any bad experience or any draw back of this TV then please share it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2013 3:18:11 PM PDT
D. Hunter says:
Its a fronter for shitty chinese OEM products like RCA, Sylvania, Polaroid, Emerson, PhillipsMagnavox, JVC, Vizio etc. If you want a TV thats actually good save up and get a Samsung, LG, Sony(overpriced), Panasonic, Toshiba or even a Sanyo.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2013 10:42:19 AM PDT
toniea says:
If u need a big screen tv to do the basic and has a high quality picture plus good sound...buy this tv...mine is yet to fail me...it can only show jpeg and music through usb...no movies. doesn't bother me cuz i connect my mac through thunderbolt to hdmi and do everything on it...i got mine when it was below 400 bucks. am yet to regret my purchase...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›