129 of 143 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Non-Stop (DVD)
* Do you like movies about airplanes in jeopardy?
* Do you like edge-of-the-seat thrillers?
* Do you like to see smart people try to outsmart smart people?
* Do you like Liam Neeson? (He has become America's most unlikely action hero. Stallone and Schwarzenegger should take notes: NO plastic surgery and no phony white teeth!)
If you answered "Yes" to any or all of the above, have I got a film for YOU!
This time Neeson is a U.S. Air Marshall who, after an airliner is over the Atlantic, receives a text message on a secured network advising him that one passenger will die every 20 minutes until $150M is transferred to an off-shore account. And that is just the beginning of this twisty white-knuckle ride!
* Liam Neeson ("Taken 1 & 2") is our hero, a bit the worse for the wear, but a smart, resourceful agent, who can only watch as he is brilliantly framed. We in the audience were as frustrated as he!
* Julianne Moore ("Don Jon") is the agitated gal who negotiates for the seat next to our hero.
* Michelle Dockery ("Downton Abbey") is the chief flight attendant: wary, watchful and determined to protect her passengers.
There are so many suspects, we were as muddled and terrified as our hero, but I have never before been in an audience where a MAN screamed. I was glad he did so I didn't have to!
This amazing PG-13 script was written by John W. Richardson and Christopher Roach; it has very little profanity, an intense plot plus some fisticuffs and gunfire. Director Jaume Collet-Serra ("Unknown") held our attention from the first frame. Most of the story takes place on the airliner, so he had to be creative to keep us focused.
As someone who only has flown small aircraft, I am no more than a lay person, so if there are plot holes in this cleverly crafted script, I didn't spot them. The screening audience applauded and the buzz was noticeable as we exited the theater. Do not miss this thrilling movie!
I love knowing there are such diverse reactions to the same movie. It really IS different strokes for different folks. Amazon will notify me when the DVD is available so I can tell my JayFlix.net people.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 12, 2014 3:03:04 PM PDT
Sheryl Fechter says:
"professional audience member" - Aha, and another one to add to our list. We are very big Neeson fans ... Thank you very much kind Sir!
Posted on Nov 23, 2014 1:27:53 PM PST
Jonny Lee says:
Stallone has NOT had plastic surgery. That is sheer speculation. Before you go and commit to ridiculous claims, do your homework first, doof.
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2014 2:53:36 PM PST
Okaaaaayyyy..... (Have you looked at him lately?)
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2015 3:34:49 PM PST
Intergalatic Purveyor says:
Thanks for the laugh.
Posted on Jan 9, 2015 3:35:42 PM PST
Intergalatic Purveyor says:
Jaume Collet-Serra directed Neeson previously in Unknown, but he was not the director of Taken.
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2015 8:49:25 PM PST
Gremlins must have written this review. You are absolutely right! I'll fix it. Thank you!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›