5.0 out of 5 stars It works like it is supposed to, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Brother DR310CL Drum Unit for MFC-9460CDN, MFC-9560CDW and MFC-9970CDW (Office Product)
I typically get third party toner, but a new drum unit isn't something I trust from remanufacturer. This is the OEM Brother drum and it has been working great in our MFC-9970CDW printer. It would be great if it was cheaper, but it isn't, so there isn't much I can do about that.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2012 6:12:13 AM PST
Hey, question, does this drum unit go in place of the 4 separate cartridges(blk,yellow,cyan,magenta)? and if so it provides all those colors? Have never used laser printing so a bit clueless and trying to evaluate toner cost as I consider purchasing a new business all in one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 10:54:44 AM PST
jacobsstcg says:
The drum unit is seperate from the toner cartridges. The 4 different toner cartridges actually get placed in the drum unit. The drum life varies but I'd say plan on replacing it every 15k pages.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 7:29:52 AM PST
Ahhh ok, does the copier initially come with a drum that then has to be replaced every 15k pages thereabouts? In my budgeting I'm guessing I'd need to factor in drum replacement and the cartridges. That does help a bit , thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 12:01:14 PM PST
Yes, the printer/copier does include a drum. The included drum is the exact same as this replacement.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 5:37:26 PM PDT
L. Brucker says:
Can you tell us which 3rd party toner you use. I'd love to switch but have seen some horrific reviews of 3rd party toner.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2013 12:46:42 PM PDT
ken yasuda says:
I have tried several 3rd party toners for my MFC-9970cdw, all without success. This has forced me back into using OEM toner replacement...I believe it has to do with the MFC-9970cdw being a color laser printer. My black and white Brother printer, MFC-8890dw, can use 3rd party toners -- just black (but it still uses the OEM drum...will not work with the 3rd party drum).

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 12:57:36 PM PDT
ken yasuda says:
Jacob, I appreciate you noting that you used this OEM Brother DR310CL drum unit with your MFC-9970CDW printer...This is the recommended drum replacement on the Brother site. I do find it odd that on the Amazon site for this drum unit, there seems to be some confusion. On one hand, in the "For Use With" section, the MFC-9970CDW printer is listed. But further below, in the "Will it work with your Printer?" section, it states that this drum will NOT work with the MFC-9970CDW...and Amazon recommends a drum that is $65.00 more expensive.

Since you used this particular drum unit (DR310CL) with the MFC-9970CDW (which I own) with great success, I will purchase it (rather than the more expensive one).

Thanks again!