2.0 out of 5 stars Its OK....., December 8, 2005
This review is from: Remington S8001G Wet 2 Straight Wide Plate Wet/Dry Ceramic Hair Straightening Iron with Tourmaline, 2-inch, Purple (Health and Beauty)
I know this review may not be very helpful to most of you but I am just going to name some problems with this straigtening iron to warn you.I have wavy hair too so some of these problems may not affect you.

-It doesn't straighten wet hair.(It actually does, but my hair is still partially wet and it becomes wavy after it dries)

-It is only COATED in ceramic, after a while of use, it eventually chips off, leaving your hair exposed to even more damage than it has already done.(I'd suggest getting a ceramic plated straightener)

-The straight hair doesn't last. After a day at school, it starts getting wavy, especially if it is humid outside.

-It does damage to your hair. Its not as bad as those $10.00 ones but you still end up with a bunch of split ends and frizzy, damaged hair

There are also good things to it too, and it seems awesome when you first get it but eventually after a short while it wears down. I'd suggest getting a little bit more expensive hair straightener that will live up to the price.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 22, 2009 7:44:18 AM PST
L. Dimet says:
I just used this and agree! It ruined my hair! It is now a frizzy mess that resembles straw and I have 100 new split ends I didn't have before I tried it! It is going in the garbage.

Posted on Mar 12, 2009 4:35:33 PM PDT
Heather says:
i agree with both of you same happened with me

Posted on Mar 12, 2009 4:37:15 PM PDT
Heather says:
the same exact thing happens to me Hazel :( not worth it

Posted on Apr 1, 2009 6:37:04 AM PDT
N. Ramesar says:
same problem.. I read reviews (the good one overruled the bad ones) so I decided to get it... Now i'm looking for a new iron.. I think this time I should just put in the money, that way I wont have to buy a new one every 4 months.

Posted on May 5, 2009 4:43:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2009 4:44:21 AM PDT
kitty_pryde says:
your supposed to use a heat protectant with any heat exposure to hair. I've been using this specific flat iron for over a year and while i do some damage, it is the same damage i would have endured with any other flat iron/ blow dryer, etc. never flat iron without a heat protectant!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2009 6:04:32 AM PDT
taygete says:
Any suggestions on the best flat iron out there?

Posted on Jun 15, 2010 5:24:28 PM PDT
Bossladie says:
I also bought this based on the good reviews, but it dries my hair out fast although I use heat protectant spray, serum, etc...If it doesnt split the end, I have split in the middle of the hair shaft. This all happened after I purchased and used this product after a few weeks. If you have normal to coarse wavy hair like mine, dont risk the damage from this one. One of the best Ive used was Truceramic Pro in 2003-2009 it lasted, but when the ceramic layers ate away, I decided to go with the remington...now I'm onto try a ceramic plated iron..3 Brands I've researched are FHI, HANA, CHI. Good luck to all

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2010 9:04:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2010 9:05:22 PM PDT
Caydence says:
@ G Contreras - I don't know about anybody else but I used heat protectant with this flat iron and it still caused split ends. Mainly because the plates do not evenly heat and it also allows hair to get stuck in places it shouldn't and causes breakage. Now I have a Sedu flat iron and even though it was costly, a year later it still gives me the straightness I need without taking away moisture or causing ends to be frayed. The bottom line is that a woman is better off buying a good flat iron that she can use for years that won't cause this kind of damage than to buy a subpar iron that needs to be replaced every yeaar.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 3:37:00 PM PDT
Cccc says:
I have this straightener and it has damaged my dry hair but my natural colored hair (I've only had my hair dyed once and it was a 'halo dye' so only the top part of my hair was dyed)...anyways my natural colored hair underneath isn't in bad condition at all.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 10:44:54 AM PST
A. Bruno says:
I had 2 Conair wet/ dry irons. One I broke because I dropped it and the second one just stopped working after one month. I went to the store to get another on and could not find it so I bought this Remington wet to straight iron.

Bad idea! It dried my hair out completely even though I condition and apply protectant. It gave me split ends and my hair started to break off in the middle of the shaft! I could hear snapping when I would use it.

I am going back to Conair. When I used this straightener, my hair never had these problems.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›