5.0 out of 5 stars Mom jeans and proud of it!, November 15, 2011
This review is from: Gloria Vanderbilt Women's Five-Pocket Amanda Jean (Apparel)
There's a reason moms wear Mom jeans. No, it's not because we're fat and no it's not because we are so exhausted by our children that we have ceased to care about how we look. Nay nay.

Moms wear Mom jeans for one excellent reason: because as ridiculous as we look in our Mom jeans, we look ten times more ridiculous in Teen jeans so count your effin' blessings.

When you have children, the connective tissue between the left and right abdominal muscles is all but destroyed and your very BONES shift. That's why, after we have children, even if we lose all the baby weight, the clothes we wore before just do not fit right. Our waists are not where they once were, and those hip huggers become muffin-topped, plumber-butted disasters.

Amanda jeans sit at the natural waist, they have room in the right places and don't bag in the wrong ones. I do wish they had those slimming panel pockets in front, but that's fairly easy to engineer yourself (just stitch a piece of lycra to each of the side seams et voila! a whole new you.)

Next time you feel like making fun of your Mom for her Mom jeans, drop instead to your knees and pay HOMAGE to her SELFLESSNESS in giving up her cute little figure so YOU could have LIFE, you ungrateful wretch! Then buy her ten pairs of Amanda jeans. And also go do the dishes, Mom is exhausted.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2011 8:21:05 AM PST
Kitchen Diva says:
Great review! Thank you!

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 2:51:58 PM PDT
School Nurse says:
I love your review!! P.S. I have some high waisted jeans from about 1988 that I'm STILL hanging on to just to see if I can fit in them again. (Anyone remember them?) Then, once they fit, I'll promptly throw them away because they are butt ugly. But it's funny how styles change.

I spent about 12 years in stretch waist pants after giving birth and in the meantime suddenly everyone is wearing low rise jeans and shirts that fall above the abdomen. It's like I was in a time capsule. Now, I finally lost some weight and can fit in a GV Amanda size 16 and am thrilled. I am hoping for a 14 in 6 months.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 1:29:39 PM PST
Fean says:
You make me laugh. Wonderful review!

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 4:22:43 PM PST
L. Thompson says:
Love it! It's so true!

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 3:19:41 AM PDT
haileyloki says:
I love it...humor and honesty! Great review!

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 9:42:44 AM PDT
Mommywithsix says:
THEY LOOK EXACTLY HOW THEY LOOK IN THE PICTURE. They run big. I am between an 8 and 10 and usually err on the side of caution. Wish I would have gotten the 8!!! If this is the case for you, I recommend you go SMALLER as they are cut BIG. These jeans are so stretchy you can work out in them. Seriously, I am going to jog in them instead of changing! They are constructed well and are proportioned well. You will not get a muffin top or plumber back-side peek. Hoping they will shrink a bit, but from what I read, this will not be the case. If you are looking for a pair of tapered jeans to tuck into your boots forget about it unless you get the smaller size. I am 5/6 and usually the regular length fit perfectly. These are a tad long, but that is ok. I will wear with shoes with a bit of heel and expect them to be perfect. I am the owner of two pairs, dark blue denim and black. I will go back for the purple and red but in the size 8. That way I will have 2 pairs of skinny and two pairs of fat jeans, which will be PERFECT to get me through the next few seasons.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (204 customer reviews)

$36.00 $19.00 - $49.99