5.0 out of 5 stars A well-balanced magazine! Enjoyed it then; enjoy it now!, November 27, 2007
This review is from: Redbook (1-year) (Magazine)
I enjoyed reading this magazine when I was raising my children because it had something of interest to almost everyone in the family. When the kids were at school, I especially liked putting my feet up and settling down with a cup of hot tea while reading the few short fiction stories that were featured in each issue.

I was disappointed when the publishers went "with the flow" and discontinued the short fiction a few years ago, but I continued to read it for the other interesting features.

As the kids grew up and situations changed, I quit reading magazines so much and lost myself in my true love--reading novels. Thus, Redbook was lost somewhere along the way.

Recently, when I saw Redbook in Amazon, it was like seeing an old friend ... an old friend showing more "cleavage," to be sure. But, regretfully, that's the signs of the times. On a whim--I ordered a subscription. The price was right, and I haven't regretted my decision.

Some reviewers have complained because they think Redbook tries to appeal to too many sections of society, but I find that a plus. I like learning about things other generations and cultures find of interest.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2007 5:31:06 PM PST
This review resonates pretty well for me. My mother subscribed to Redbook while I was growing up, and copies were everywhere. I'd sometimes look at copies, but never read a whole lot. Recently, I saw a contemporary issue and was struck by the very different covers of today--more cleavage than in the old days for sure. So, this review kind of reminded me of my youth and did a nice job noting the nature of this long-time publication.

Posted on Nov 29, 2007 9:48:30 PM PST
Thanks, Steven,
I'm glad my review rang true for you.
C U around the next Amazon curve.
Betty :)

Posted on Dec 1, 2007 5:15:35 PM PST
Linda Bulger says:
I used to subscribe to Redbook when my kids were young, too, Betty, and it was always such a treat to see a new copy arrive. It HAS changed, hasn't it? A few other mags come every month now, but not Redbook. It might be time to have a look at it again, see what they've done with it.

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 5:57:12 AM PST
Please note - this review is about a much different Redbook. Note the date.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (202 customer reviews)

$43.89 $15.00