8 of 11 people found the following review helpful
In a word, meh.,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Assassin's Creed III (Video Game)
A neither horrible nor terrific addition to the series. It's probably better than Assassin's Creed, but not as good as any of the Assassin's Creed II series. Here are a couple of short bullets that hopefully will be helpful.
* The story is ok in the colonial period. Connor is boring as hell, but Haythem is hilarious (***Spoiler*** turns out he's kinda a dick, which made him even more fun to play). I wished the whole game could have been me playing him tracking down and eventually shanking Connor.
* The story in the present is incomprehensible, being at the same time totally bewildering and mindbogglingly boring. The whole pre-human species thing is really pretty silly.
* Naval missions are a lot of fun and are great looking. I wish I could have made folks walk the plank. Connor would have been the first one off.
* The running, fighting, and sneaking mechanisms are tweeky and will break at the wrong time. The game demands that you play through scenarios perfectly to get to 100%. This is, of course, insurmountable for anyone over the age of 13 who cannot dedicate 100+ hours to chasing silly optional objectives.
*It's a pretty game, though all of the wilderness looks pretty much the same and both of the cities (New York and Boston) look pretty much the same.
* The economy, equipment and commerce are broken. I actually spent the time required to build out my homestead so that I could build every item, but still could not find how this benefited me at all.
* It's still pretty buggy. A couple of mission-breaking bugs here and there, but mostly aesthetic things (like polygon issues) that brought me out of the ole suspension of disbelief.
Overall you could do worse with your sixty bucks than ACIII. Really the biggest cost for me was the 40+ hours that I (foolishly) put into it without having all that much fun.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2012 2:45:00 PM PST
Tyler C. Hill says:
Totally agree with every point you made. The potential for this game was huge. Oh well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›