31 of 35 people found the following review helpful
Window-Shaking Computer Speakers for Gaming, Video, and Music,
This review is from: Logitech Z623 980-000402 200 Watt Speaker System (Black) (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you use your computer for high quality sound, especially gaming or DVDs, these speakers may be a good choice. I tried this out with Brahms 4th Symphony and Return of the King and they produced great, crystal-clear sound, all the way up to top volume, which was loud as heck.
- The speakers have nice, clear sound up to room shaking volumes, with minimal distortion, and enough bass to clean the plaque out of your arteries. Using these speakers, you could use your laptop to rock a house party or could watch action movies until your ears bleed. (In a good way).
- The controls are handy. The right desktop speaker has the power button, volume, bass control, and headphone ports.
- Good stereo response for a 2.1 system. (THX certification means that the folks at THX agree, and they have better ears than I do, so I'll take their word for it.)
- You could hook this up to anything with an 3.5 mm (earphone) jack, or an RCA jack. While it seems to be mostly designed for computers or gaming systems, you could also plug it into a tv, dvd player, or even an MP3 player.
What could be better:
- This isn't a 5.1 (surround sound) system, so the stereo effects are going to sound the best when you're right between the two speakers. (I.e., in your computer chair.)
- The cables that run from the desktop speaker to the sub-woofer are a little short. I ended up drilling a hole in the back of my desk to cut down on the run length.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 24, 2014 12:13:44 PM PDT
A. Stark says:
HAhaha!! Nice review :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›