5.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Mechanical Jewel, September 29, 2007
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNA411 Flight Alarm Chronograph Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch for myself for Christmas 3 years ago and still love it.

At the time I really wanted a Breitling Navitimer Fighter but they were selling for around $3,000, and I knew I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around with thousands of bucks on my wrist.

I happened on this watch on Amazon and was immediately taken with it. Let me say, that the photo does not do this watch justice. When I received the Seiko I was surprised that it had much more sparkle than this photo imparts. And what really impressed me was that the face has great depth to it. The photo on Amazon shows a flat black surface with a mishmash of white lettering all over it, but in reality it looks much more like a mini metal Roman Colliseum with raised sides and a recessed center plain under thick glass. The face is about 3/8" thick. Very substantial and classy looking. Also, there is more contrast between the shiny center of the wrist band next to the flat silver sides than this photo indicates.

I wore it to work one day, and a female coworker remarked,"your watch is gorgeous!" and that she was looking for one like it for her husband. And when I told her the price she couldn't believe it.

The Breitling Navitimer is a beautiful watch, but since owning this Seiko Chronograph I rarely ever think about owning a Breitling. And since Navitimers now sell for over $6000 I feel even better about the $475 Seiko I got for $200.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2007 10:32:09 PM PDT
Do you mind posting a picture that shows full glory of this watch? thanks. I am considering it for my dad.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2007 2:03:15 PM PDT
jed clampett says:
Maybe try looking at it in person somewhere like macys or nordstom for instance.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2008 9:55:23 PM PDT
D. Yamasaki says:
Hi, I apologize for not answering sooner, I hadn't checked back on this thread until now. I just posted 3 photos of my watch. They appear at the end of the series of 11 photos.

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 10:00:01 AM PST
Anna Glass says:
how is the battery life?

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2010 7:07:23 PM PDT
well, as far as the Battery is concerned ... I dont even think it has one, cuz Ma Hon bought me this watch in Nov 05, and till now, I haven't had to change any battery in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2011 5:01:44 PM PDT
gilmour.josh says:
I haven't had to change the battery in the 2.5 years I've had it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2011 5:20:23 AM PDT
Seiko Men's SNA411 Flight Alarm Chronograph Watch
I'm strongly considering purchasing the above item through Amazon.com. I purchased the same watch several years ago. The watch I purchased came in an Official Seiko Blue Gift Box with the watch presented on a white "pillow" inside this box.

Can you tell me if the item your review is referencing: (1) Was purchased through Amazon.com?; (2) Was from CreationWatches?; (3) Came with the Official Seiko Blue Gift Box with a white "pillow" inside ? (4) Included the following printed materials: (1) The Official Tag attached to the watch band with the Ref. (SNA411 -or- Cal. 7T62); (2) "ANALOGUE QUARTZ Cal. 7T62 ALARM CHRONOGRAPH TIMER SEIKO INSTRUCTIONS"; (4) "RORARY SLIDE RULE MANUAL SEIKO INSTRUCTIONS"; (4) SEIKO LIMITED WARRANTY AND INSTRUCTIONS"; (5) SEIKO CERTIFICATE OF LIMITED WARRANTY? These were all items that were included when I purchased my first such watch, and I'm hoping the one in the above link will include all of these as well.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you.

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 10:33:16 PM PDT
Al Bid says:
This watch is quartz, not mechanical as stated in the title of the review. Just wanted to clarify as the term mechanical is typically used to refer to a watch's movement, and could be misleading in this context. Great review!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2013 1:51:23 PM PST
satellite779 says:
The original battery on my watch finally died in October 2013 and I bought the watch in August 2006. So 7 years 2 months for me. Not sure how long it was running in the shop though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (227 customer reviews)

$475.00 $205.54