5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Killer Albums by an Underrated Band..., June 8, 2005
This review is from: Too Much Stereo (Audio CD)
I have to say that I really enjoy The Urge, that music has a great upbeat feel to it and it can always lift my spirits. I first heard about them actually from the CD sampler that came with Korn's - Follow The Leader. The song was "Straight to Hell" from Master of Styles. I quickly went out and bought the release, although the cd was quite a bit different than that single track, that was in no way a bad thing. I downloaded various songs off of their other two albums and eventually bought them off Amazon for like $2 a piece and I can say that it was worth every penny and a lot more.

I actually like this CD the best out of all 3, with Master of Styles coming in second. At first I liked Receiving the Gift of Flavor a lot, but its feel kind of lost its effect on me after a while. Here's a breakdown of the songs on TMS and what I think:

1. What is this - This is a great intro to an album, great lyrics and I love the sound of the bass. Very catchy chorus. 10/10

2. Too Much Stereo - An instant single, again amazing lyrics, you can tell that these guys have fun with the music they play 9/10

3. What Do They Know - A solid song, a little different from the rest musically but it works very well. But not one of my favorites 7/10

4. Four Letters And Two Words - This is my favorite track on the disc and actually why I bought it, this is a beautiful song that also rocks.. what more could you want? 11/10

5. Liar, Liar - Very catchy tune and chorus, this song keeps the momentum up. 8/10

6. I Go Home - This is the first "real" slow song but has great lyrics and a nice feel to it, I like it better than track 7 9/10

7. Say A Prayer - This is another slow song and winds down a bit, and although I like it, I think it wasn't put in the right place of the CD 8/10

8. Welcome to Gunville - You can't NOT like this song! The lyrics are amazing, the double meanings and the rhymes and the vocals and music are amazing. If this wasn't a single it should have been, 2nd favorite on disc! 10/10

9. Living on the Surface - Again, awesome bass and pretty decent vocals, but this song is lacking something, can't really place it though 7/10

10. Push on Like Flinstone - I have to admit when I first heard this song I didn't like it a whole lot but it grew on me, not one of the best but good 8/10

11. Warning, Warning - Although this is a somewhat short and slow song I think it's a good way to wind down the album. Has a really funky feel to it 9/10

All in all a great album and worth more than the Amazon used price.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]