5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic item for smoothies, popsicles, and soups, September 3, 2011
This review is from: Dozenegg New Commercial Grade Stainless Steel Cups, 30-Ounce (Kitchen)
I bought this because I was intrigued by the large size and the thought of not worrying about the smoothie or popsicle mix overflowing as it was being immersion blended. Mission accomplished! This is a fantastic blending cup and then drinking cup. And a 9-ounce can of nuts, the plastic lid (under which is the peel-away metal lid) fits perfectly on this stainless steel container. Also, being that it's a non-reactive material, it's better for blending tomatoes and ginger and other such items as opposed to using anything plastic.

Smoothie: 1 cup NF plain yogurt, a splash or two of Naked, 100% Juice smoothie "Mighty Mango," a ripe peach and/or blueberries and/or strawberries. All fresh. Haven't tried frozen yet.
Popsicles: see the great Mark Bittman's article [...] I like the creamy ones. Experiment with using less sugar, a teaspoon at a time. And don't cheap out on dollar store popsicle molds. Tovolo popsicle molds are great; find them here in amazon.

I see Amazon won't print a link. That's too bad. Just google Mark Bittman summer popsicles and it'll lead you to his summer ice pops article in NY Times Magazine.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2011 2:19:37 PM PDT

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 12:59:12 PM PST
Becky L. says:
Thanks for the tip about the lid cover from a nut can. I tried it and it's perfect!!! Very clever of you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 10:31:16 PM PST
Glad you like, Becky! Now I need another immersion blender and can't decide which one to buy. Want high wattage; willing to spend $100. Any thoughts?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 1:36:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2012 1:38:31 PM PST
Old Grizzle says:
I highly recommend the Ninja Master Prep. It has twice the power and comes with two sets of different size blades and containers to blend in(Ones a pitcher). Note: it only costs $39 bucks at Wally World.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 6:30:59 PM PST
Thanks very much for the Ninja Master prep recommendation.l Never heard of it. will keep it in mind. For now, I started using the blender attachment of my Magic Bullet and it is GREAT. Much better than the immersion blender for a smoothie. I'll definitely remember the Ninja Master. Appreciate learning about it!

Posted on May 1, 2012 7:35:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2012 7:38:29 AM PDT
Also, the plastic lid of a can of macaroons fits this 30-ounce cup. I'm about to order 2 more of these cups. The Magic Bullet has crapped out on me for my smoothies. I might be filling it too high. I just ordered this All-Clad Immersion Blender because I'm going to go back to making the smoothie in the same container as I drink it. I chose this because it has the longest driveshaft. Amazon won't print a link so google All-Clad Immersion Blender Item #: 26-7092919. It's $100 and is a William Sonoma exclusive. 600 watts. Unfortunately made in China. Still thinking about that Ninja Master Prep.

All-Clad immersion blender the best thing ever!! I use it in a large steel bowl to make my yogurt fruit smoothies: 2C no-fat organic yogurt, large splash almond milk, chia seeds or flax seeds, psyllium (learned about it from Dr. Oz), tons of fresh or frozen fruit like peaches, blueberries, nectarines, banana, mango, large splash of extra pulp OJ with calcium. It frequently needs to be sweetened because the yogurt really tarts it up so I throw in a teaspoon of some super healthy jam like Chantaine, Deluxe Preserves, Golden Peach, 11.5 oz, $3.12, at iherb.com. I've seen this at TJ Maxx for $3.49! I'm adding, blending, and tasting. This makes a huge amount which stays very fresh in the fridge for a few days. I pour into two of my 30 oz. malt/milkshake/cocktail stainless steel mixing cups. I have 6 of these now. There's always one or two in dishwasher.

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 6:33:55 AM PDT
E. Schechter says:
Good informative review; thanks much. But all of you are so very _healthy_! Non-fat yogurt! Berries! Fruit juice! (A Jedi needs not these things.) Does anyone have a method for making a genuine milk shake that tastes like the ones you used to be able to get at the drugstore, back when drugstores made milkshakes? My husband would give a lot (I'm sure I could think of something, right? Oh, yes.) to have one like that just once in a while. Ghirardelli chocolate syrup! Haagen Dazs! But I never can get the proportions right, or there is some other ingredient, or I'm using the wrong technique. It's never quite the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2013 7:42:37 AM PDT
Never a milkshake fan. Always loved egg creams and Yoo Hoo, though. Tons of returns from a "classic chocolate milkshake recipe" google search. You can do it. Go for that reward!

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 12:02:29 AM PDT
alum says:
I ordered this just because of your popsicle suggestion. Thank you for reviewing!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2014 11:38:47 PM PDT
You're welcome! But now I don't use it for popsicles because I make a much larger batch of popsicles at a time now. But it's good for other things. Today, for instance, I poured red malaga wine into one and then put in 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. I used the immersion blender in the cup and got the cinnamon completely blended and then threw in a handful of cranberries and let them soak. Then I threw it into a giant stainless steel bowl with chopped apples and toasted walnuts for charoset!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›