10 of 11 people found the following review helpful
What a versatile Camera,
This review is from: Pentax Optio WG-2 GPS Kit (Electronics)
I have the white one and it is an upgrade (13th generation) from my WP 10 (3rd generation) which is still working fine but it only went to 9 feet. This one goes to 40 and I have not gotten in the water yet but it does so many things. I just got back from Utah for the eclipse and I set it up to timer shoot over 500 frames that I stitched into a movie of everyone moving around during the eclipse. The lens flare actually showed the eclipse as it occurred. Lets see... what else does it do.
1. It takes great shots and using the preset options does improve the result over the auto picture
2. Videos are excellent... I can't wait for the chest harness to mountain bike with it.
3. Macro/Micro with illumination is really cool. You can take pictures of really small things.
4. Adding a Joby micro tripod that can be left on the camera allows for many other options with a small size.
5. There are so many options, I am still learning and hope to be able to quickly access them in the field.
I will leave it to the techies to break down the photo quality but they look quite good to me.
I highly recommend it.