4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased after reading EWG ratings., May 27, 2010
This review is from: Badger All Natural Sunscreen, SPF 30, Unscented 2.9 oz (87 ml) (Misc.)
I purchased this after researching the Environmental Working Groups 2009 findings. It goes on white but after you rub it in for a while the "ghost" appearance goes away. If I sweat at all the sunblock builds up in any natural crevaces or wrinkles in my skin and is noticable. I work outside all day and I only apply once in the morning and it does perform all day for me without re-applying. I live in a humid warm/hot climate (SC) during the summer and this sunblock does feel oily and will rub off if you tend to scratch or rub where the sunblock is applied. Overall this sunblock performs well. It is worth the peace of mind knowing that I am doing what I can to not use harmful chemicals or at least reduce them.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 16, 2010 3:55:36 PM PDT
Jen says:
Just want to let you know Josh that you have to reapply sunscreen every two hours. A once-a-day application will not protect you all day long in the sun. Typically you need to apply a shot glass amount to your entire body in order to get the spf listed on the bottle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2010 6:36:30 AM PDT
Cleo says:
@Jen
Not true. This sunscreen is mineral-based. Unlike the chemical-based sunscreens, this one stays on you. No chemicals are absorbed by the body that later disappears.

Posted on Jul 6, 2010 10:56:23 PM PDT
G. Morrison says:
Thanks. I've been avoidiing sunscreen for a few years now since it's been suspected to do more harm than good (first, by some alternative medicine experts)--now we know some of the hard evidence for such suspicions . I remember my dermatologist--a next door neighbor, no less--emphatically insisting upon sunscreen: I'm glad that I proved skeptical and ignored him.

It did seem to me that in the "innocent" past that some mega-brand products did do a pretty good job of preventing sunburn; of course, these major brands need to change their approach--starting with avoiding the use of toxic chemicals.

Thanks, Josh, and everyone else posting and commenting here! I suppose that I know what to purchase now--we shouldn't have to order this, but, Amazon makes it easy.... I'll bookmark.

Posted on May 5, 2011 1:16:03 PM PDT
I've used TruKid Sunny Days SPF 30. It also goes on "white" and rubs in. I haven't had the problem of it building up in wrinkles when I sweat. It also has what I think is a citrusy scent (I think other reviewers of it haven't necessarily liked it). I was looking at Badger to see if it might be a better product, but doesn't sound like it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›