74 of 76 people found the following review helpful
Speedy and Compact High Quality Camcorder,
This review is from: Sony Bloggie Touch (MHS-TS10/B) - 4 GB, 2 Hour (Black) (Electronics)
I am highly impressed by this little camcorder. While the size of it is about the same size as a smart phone, this specializing in just recording movies makes this a must buy item. I have a android phone also, but I am happy to have this based on how fast I can record something. I can simply take this out, cut it on about 1-3 seconds and hit record. There is pretty much no load time whatsoever. While this isn't perfect, for the price it's worth every penny.
1. Speed - All it requires for you to do is cut it on and you will be recording immediately. If you see something, you will most likely have it on this device.
2. Convenient - It's small and compact. You can easily fit this in your pocket. Also the software that comes with it makes it extremely easy to use which is stored on the camera itself. Plug it in your pc, use it like a flash drive and install it on your pc. Everything else is self explanatory.
3. Technologically Efficient - The capacitive touch screen is easy to use. No where as near as well thought out as the Iphone or Android, but it does work. It's easy enough for my mother to use and plus while you are recording, you can snap pictures simultaneously. You can also load up anything easily to facebook or youtube through the included software. It also has a HDMI port to hook up to a High Definition Monitor.
4. Quality - It shows very well once I take the data off the Bloggie and add it to my pc. It does 720p x 30 fps, 720p x 60 fps, and 1080p x 30 fps. 30 fps shows extremely well and I have yet to try the 60 fps. Colors are great and the sharpness is good with some exceptions.
1. Size of space - 4 GB is too small. Only 2 hours of data could run out and that is on the lowest setting. 1080p runs out much faster. Plus I don't see a way to upgrade the size with a memory stick unfortunately. A 8gb might be better, but a way to upgrade with a memory stick would be the best solution. Nevertheless it is easy to add and remove on your pc.
2. Using Zoom and Dark Areas - If you use either, the picture looks a bit grainy.
3. No PC, No Buy - If you don't have a PC, there is absolutely no reason to buy this. You can only charge this through the USB port of a PC (there are things you can buy to use a charger although nothing is included with the Bloogie), plus if you run out of space, you wont be able to back up the files on your pc.
4. The touchscreen - It isn't as easy as Android or Iphone. No multitouch support and it's not always as responsive as I like, but it is definitely usable.
The pros definitely outweigh the cons. It's a device worth having and I have never had so much fun using a camcorder.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2011 7:28:43 PM PST
Casting Stones says:
Is the video image as sharp close up as it is far away? I have used the Flip camera in the past only to return it because it was only clear within about 8 feet or so.
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 4:24:18 PM PST
Hello JW, I own both the Flip and Bloggie and the Bloggie is much sharper than the Flip.
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 5:24:21 PM PST
Are you comparing it with the 3rd gen. Flip?
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:59:02 PM PST
Casting Stones says:
My post was from early 2011 so this would have been the Flip that came out around late 2010 to early 2011.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›