5.0 out of 5 stars Eminem has finally shown his true talent., June 21, 2010
This review is from: Recovery (Audio CD)
For years Eminem has only had his pain and anger from the problems with his mother and ex wife to rap about. Now that he has went through the hardships of life and gotten all of that out of the way he's rapping about real things. I have been a lifetime fan of Mathers, I have never fully hated any of his albums yet at the same time I felt he was just dragging on his effort. I do not buy many cds anymore but after hearing a few of the songs on this album I rushed out and bought it. Eminem in my humble opinion is now better than he ever has been and it shows in the production and effort he put into this album.

1. Cold Wind Blows 8/10: Eminem tries to be a bit comical while still hard in this track and does a decent job of both. Good song but not great.

2. Talkin' 2 Myself ft. Kobe 10/10: This song is very engrossing and draw you into singing the chorus along with Kobe. I never heard of this guy before but the track was very effective and enjoyable.

3. On Fire 4/10: Not going to say anything bad about this track however, it does not have a very good feel to it for me. Make your own assesment.

4. Won't Back Down ft. Pink 8/10: This song is a very good collaboration between the two of them. However I think the choice of Eminem to add in Pink after the track was recorded was a bad idea as it just doesn't quite mix.

5. W.T.P. 7/10: Old school Eminem type song yet you can tell he put some effort into making his rhymes meaningful unlike older songs where he simply made us feel stupid for listening to it.

6. Going Through Changes 11/10: This song was simply amazingly put together. First of all you'll notice the sampling of Ozzy in this song. It was a suprise to me but it melds pefectly and makes the track flawless.

7. Not Afraid 9/10: This song has been played heavily on MTV and other music networks. I felt this song was a very good way to put the new song and feel out there for fans to know Eminem was back and ontop once again.

8. Seduction 6/10: Not one of my favorites but it sill has a catch sound to it. It is alledgedly about Mariah Carey but regardless it gets your attention.

9. No Love ft. Lil Wayne 9/10: The only reason I did not make this a 10/10 is because I had mixed emotions about this song from the start. At first I did not like it feeling the two didn't really mix, but then after listening more closely I found myself listening and singing along.

10. Space Bound 10/10: One of my absolute favorites on the album. This song is totally out of the norm for Eminem and many will proably say it's soft and not him. That's just it though Eminem is not the same he has evolved and this is a great example. It's different yes, but it works and he set the track on fire.

11. Cinderella Man 11/10: The only other song I rate 11/10 because it has such a flow that you just can't help yourself but listen. I love the rhythm and his rhymes are sick. Great track.

12. 25 to Life 9/10: This song has a good feel and it seems he put alot of emotion into it while recording. The female vocals add alot to it aswell and makes for an overall awesome track.

13. So Bad 6/10: Decent lyrics yet for some reason the song doesn't quite feel the same as the rest almost like a filler track. I do not however, find myself skipping over it so it was a success.

14. Almost Famous 10/10: This track just makes me wanna get up and start moshing or moving in some sort of way. The beat is sick and mad props to the producer. The lyrics are very good as well as he takes many shots at himself for his previous failures in music.

15. Love The Way You Lie ft Rihanna 9/10: Another one of my favorites Rihanna and Eminem sound perfect together and this song puts me in a great state of mind. Not to mention this is the melding of my favorite male and female artists what could be better!

16. You're Never Over 10/10: This gets a 10 because it is a very heart filled and melodic tribute to Proof of D12. Eminem made an effort to tribute Proof every chance he had. This song was not at all hard to listen to and may possibly have meaning to others.

17. Untitled (Here We Go) 5/10: Not quite sure why this song was added but it was not a good choice to put right after You're Never Over. However it was put together well and was quite decent.

All together this Album was well produced and written and therefore I give the overall album a 10/10. I recommend this to any Eminem fans new and old. If you have given up on him because of past albums not having quite that Eminem feel then pick this up and give him another chance it will not dissapoint you. It will appeal to all types of fans, it has melodic vocals (yes even Eminem singing) but it also has the hardcore anger type rapping so just give it a listen. I have forgiven all faults by Eminem after hearing his effort and his apologetic nature for Relapse which only had a few decent tracks. Eminem has cleaned up his life and is now making the music we all knew he could. So to Eminem and everyone he works with I say.

Great job and welcome back you are forgiven. SLIM SHADY!!!!!!!!!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 11-20 of 46 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2010 6:59:18 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2010 3:26:24 PM PDT
D. J. Cook says:
A review on Amazon.com supports the argument for why our educational system needs increased funding? Wow. That has to be the biggest leap in logic I've ever seen. Getting so angry over something so...unimportant, it's hilarious. The way you wrote it is funny too. No one that doesn't smell their own farts talks like you do.

It's someones opinion, grow up and get over it. They let anyone in these days.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 11:07:33 PM PDT
wow....way to put someone in their place...where may i ask is your review, since you are so well "versed" in what not to write....? sheesh that will teach me not to write anything about anybody i like to listen to! what a self-righteous %&*@$

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 7:04:29 PM PDT
Kourosh Mobl says:
the song seduction is actually a diss against the rapper haystack who started dissing eminem

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 11:38:48 AM PDT
A. ALAWADI says:
I think if you don't like or disagree with a review you should just click "no" to rate it as not being helpful.
Who are we to teach people or criticise them on how to review products online without knowing who they are? I mean how do people dare and say something like " don't write reviews unless you've finished highschool" ??? Complete rudeness makes your comment look sad.

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 3:52:35 PM PDT
For real man, your viscous attack only makes you look like you know everything. I don't care if your earning a doctorate at Harvard. I don't care if your the smartest human being who ever lived, but Master has a right to say what he wants about the cd. If he's incompetent then what are you? I mean you basically got angry over a review for a rap cd on AMAZON, I mean come on, don't you have something better to do? If you don't like his review.... then answer no to "was this review helpful" not act like a pissed off wolf on its period. Go home... take some Prozac and relax.

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 1:32:27 AM PDT
J. Williams says:
Not his best, or even close. Not bad, but way too poppy and not enough Dre beats. The last track (Untitled) is the Eminem I wanna hear. He's by far at his best when he's being an over the top jack-a$$ and talking about people. What I wanted was another Slim Shady album, but what I got was an album that featured Pink, Kobe, Lil Waybe & Rihanna. All artists Em would have pooped all over on his old albums. Sad how time changes people. But the last track gives me hope that Em will release another album full of Slim Shady-ish sounding songs. I miss the humor and the fun, that was the very reason be blew up in the first place. Where's Slim Shady LP 2, or Marshal Mathers LP 2 Em? I KNOW you got it in you! I'm not dissing this album, simply stating I know you got more vintage em in you. Untitled is my favorite track on this album by far, a huge smile comes across my face every time I hear it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 5:49:43 PM PDT
A customer says:
Nah. It's better that all of his albums sound different, and not like a new MMLP being re-released every couple of years.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2010 2:00:08 PM PDT
i just signed in to say you were WAYYYY off target giving "on fire" a 4/10.. i'm going through the tracks one by one now.. and i can already tell you will give all the commercial tracks rave reviews and throw the hardcore stuff under the bus..

i hope i'm wrong, and also like scotland said your reasoning isn't validated by anything really, you just sound soft.

Posted on Jul 5, 2010 1:24:14 PM PDT
SWD says:
Great review, thanks.

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (488 customer reviews)

Reviewer