1.0 out of 5 stars Use Caution with this Manufacturer., October 7, 2011
This review is from: Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with Dual Alarm, Auto Time Set/Restore, Temperature Display, and Battery Backup (Electronics)
Magnasonic Projection Clock Radio with Dual Alarms, Self Set and Temperature DisplayI bought this clock for my 90 year old mother so she could tell the time at night. Worked great for 3 weeks then failed. I called the Warranty number and was told to send the clock back and they would replace it. Sounds good except the Warranty company is in Canada. I used UPS ground for $16.00 on a $24 clock. Okay, I may not be real smart. Extra pricy per UPS due to international shipping. I chose to go ahead and ship. So now the clock cost is $40.00. When it reached Canada,the Canadian Customs attached a $33. Broker Fee to deliver the clock to MESA the warranty co. So now my $24 clock will cost $73.00. By the way MESA customer service reps confirmed it is too expensive to fix them when they get there; they just send out new ones. They will not pay the $33 nor ship me a new one until I pay the $33.00. I suppose I could fight this but for $24.00??? At least you are now warned. Plan on no warranty if you buy this clock.

Amazon did help by refunding me the $33. Broker fee on a one time exception basis. I decided to start over with a LaCross Projection Clock instead and I used Amazon due to their help.

So, BUYER BEWARE!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2012 5:47:43 AM PDT
The one problem I've run into is that Amazon sellers (even Amazon) do not list all of the information needed to make an informed buying decision.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 8:16:02 AM PDT
Boo says:
But such a wonderful story! Of course, it's a costly one, but still funny.

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 1:40:36 PM PDT
I'm stunned you actually paid to ship a $24 clock, big mistake. Amazing. Nothing to do with clock, it's pretty much the same with any item that's meant as a throw-away - toasters, small appliances, most anything.

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 8:05:27 AM PST
Booksnoop says:
You should have sent via USPS - this would have been much less expensive with no broker fee.

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 5:44:34 AM PDT
Bajan Richie says:
Amazon has a 30 day return policy. If something fails in 3 weeks, why not just return it to Amazon for a refund or replacement?!

Posted on May 28, 2014 8:27:37 PM PDT
Good luck with La Crosse...I have had a few but had to keep returning them, the the current one is 5 months old and just quit working!
I like the idea of having time and temp projecting on my bedroom ceiling bu it is too frustrating having to constantly return GARBAGE!

Posted on Jul 26, 2014 3:59:40 PM PDT
I say fight extradition, let them keep the clock and Buffalo as well, the broker fee is because we hit Canada with tariffs (not a nice way to treat a good neighbor). For years California and Arizona each stopped all cars headed between the two states, but Calif didn't do that with Nevada and Oregon, it was just a tif between CA & AZ. Don't send good money after bad my Dad always said.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2014 8:30:00 PM PDT
Tab Man says:
Booksnoop, USPS is a lost cause. If by luck it ever gets there, it will never get back. If by luck it does, by the time it does, you will be much older.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›