5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE wacom alternative!, August 18, 2010
I was an avid Wacom user for almost 5 years before I bought this. I'm a college student, and although performance takes precedent over price, I'm not exactly able to pull $300 out of thin air for a new tablet. This Monoprice tablet is the absolute best of both worlds. I used an Intuos3 for years before it gave out on me. Instead of dropping more than I pay for rent on a new Wacom, I saw this lil betty. Comparable to an Intuos2, this tablet had everything I needed spec-wise:

1024 lvls of sensitivity,
large active area,
programmable hotkeys,
and a low response time.

I figured 'why not? It's only 50-60 bucks. Worse case, I send it back.' I'm very happy that I went with it. I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best Value vs. Price purchases I've made in the last few years. It may not be an inutos4 or Cintiq, but this is by far the best value product you can get in the graphics tablet market right now.

P.S. The pen has a AAA battery in it, which makes it marginally heavier than an Intuos3 pen, which I like because of my larger hands. It helps me make smoother pen strokes as well, though I understand everybody's preference is different.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2011 10:15:08 PM PDT
Funk says:
I want to buy this right now and it looks good, but who makes it and where are the real specs?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2011 3:53:12 PM PDT
Kevin Pazyck says:
Monoprice is the name of the manufacturer.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 3:12:02 PM PDT
I seem to have a problem I am hoping you can help me with. I just received my MONOPRICE tablet in hopes it would replace my Bamboo. My problem is that while the pressure sensitivity test works, it will NOT work in photoshop or painter. I believe I have the latest driver. What do you think could be causing the problem?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 3:41:00 PM PDT
Funk says:

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 3:59:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2011 4:00:15 PM PDT
Nevermind, AGAMATO STRANGE. I talked to their tech, and they released a 5.02 driver to support Windows 7 x64. I'm just posting this here in case anyone encounters this problem in the future. I'll probably write a review of this product in a week. It's great, just like you said!

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 7:51:44 AM PST
E. Swope says:
Nice review, Thanks! I got my husband a tiny Wacom some years back and know he would love a larger pad.... but price v. performance. Like you said, tough to find a good compromise, and nice to have a rec from someone who has tried a few.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:45:12 AM PDT
Mary Le says:
Do you know where I can get to the settings to adjust the pressure of the pen? I've been searching left and right and I haven't been able to find it. I'm using Windows XP.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:20:15 AM PST
Thanks for a nice review. One thing I found missing from reviews is the drawing surface: is it really glossy (like a laptop screen) or has feeling of writing on paper? Asking because I have hard time drawing anything on glossy surface. I want the surface to be like paper where I have more control. Please respond as soon as possible since I have to buy a drawing pad within 24 Hrs. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 12:29:39 PM PST
Tahoegirl says:
The pad does not have a glossy surface for writing. I love mine, but the directions are very minimal and don't really match the product, since the products vary. I have been happy with the product. Great deal!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:16:16 PM PST
Thanks TahoeGirl; very much appreciate quick reply; will go ahead and buy. Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›