1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design, May 4, 2007
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1-Cup Measuring Cup, Clear with Red Measurements (Kitchen)
I have always used pyrex glass measuring cups, so when my old one-cup cup broke I wanted to replace it. I'm very disappointed with the design of the new cup. The cup itself will probably hold two cups of liquid. It only has markings for up to one cup. The cup is very short and wide. This makes the markings so close together they are hard to read and hard to pour the precise of liquid I need. I bought another one that I like. I can't imagine why Pyrex made this cup like this. I would have never believed I would review a measuring cup, but this one was so bad I decided to.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 20, 2012 7:34:50 AM PDT
I totally agree...I refused to buy it the other night. Can you post where you got the one you like?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 6:24:42 PM PDT
CFB says:
I don't remember where I got it but it is Anchor Hocking rather than Pyrex. Pyrex seems to have gone to crap. I bought a 9 x 13 Pyrex baking dish and the first time I used it I put chicken breast in it, covered with foil, put in the oven and it exploded. I read that all of the Pyrex made in USA should be avoided now. That made elsewhere (according to what I read) is fine, but USA changed the "recipe." I don't know but I started by Anchor Hocking rather than Pyrex. Good luck.

Posted on May 13, 2012 4:01:31 PM PDT
Why on Earth are you reviewing a 1 cup measuring cup on the page designed to talk about the 1 QUART measuring and mixing container? The one that's supposed to be viewed and reviewed on this page is 4 times the size of the one you are complaining about??

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 4:30:20 PM PDT
CFB says:
Why on Earth don't you read the whole thing. If you care to read my review again you will see it says the item being reviewed is the 1 cup measuring cup. That field is populated by Amazon's system based on the item you are looking at. Amazon may (and I believe that do) combine reviews to make it look like items have been reviewed more than they actually have been. The title of the page I was on when I wrote the review is "Pyrex Prepware 1-Cup Measuring Cup, Clear with Red Measurements (Kitchen)." If you care to research you will probably find my review on every size Pyrex measuring cup.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 5:05:33 PM PDT
CFB- thank you , thank you, thank you...found the Anchor Hocking 1 cup at K-Mart for a reasonable price. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Cheers!

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 9:47:16 PM PDT
CFB says:
Oh good, Rosemary. Happy measuring!!:)

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 9:03:49 PM PDT
Sorry CFB, I've never heard of Amazon doing what you are saying they do. I did see that your review title said on it you were talking about the 1 cup (duh!) but it still looked like you screwed up and put it on the wrong product page. I apologize, and in the future I will look more closely to see what other weird things Amazon may be doing. It really seems unethical to me for them to combine different products to try to make it look like only one product got extra reviews! Thanks for clarifying! ; >)

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 3:28:36 PM PDT
CFB says:
The poster doesn't get to say what product they are reviewing. Amazon populates that field based on the product page on which you are visiting. Yes, I was on the one-cup product page when I typed the review.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 2:27:45 PM PDT
Cinnamon says:
Just today I broke my good Old pyrex measuring cup. I went to my local Fred Meyer and they had this one that you are talking about. I couldn't believe the design - ridiculous! Why on earth does a one cup measuring cup have to be the size of almost 2 cups?!?!?!? I would love to know what you think of the Anchor one that you got. A lot of the reviews for Anchor say that the markings come off in the dishwasher!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 12:00:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 15, 2012 12:02:15 AM PDT
CFB says:
The Anchor Hocking one I have is great and the markings have not washed off. I don't usually put it in the dishwasher though because I use it so often I don't want it to be dirty in the DW. I also have an AH two-cup one that the markings are raised glass on the unit -- the best it can be. (http://www.amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking-16-Ounce-Triple-Measuring/dp/B00477RKAK/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1345013862&sr=1-2&keywords=glass+measure+cup)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›