5.0 out of 5 stars A+ for router, A+++ for customer service, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Medialink Wireless-N Broadband Router with Internal Antenna (150 Mbps) - 2.4GHz - 802.11b/g/n - Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Mac OS X / Linux (Electronics)
I ordered this router after a couple of months of researching and reading reviews on various routers. It seemed very difficult to make a decision because of all the complaints. Then I found this Media Link router that seemed to have few complaints. Not being one of the major brands I was hesitant. However, because I have ordered many of Medialink's hdmi cables from Amazon and have read many reviews which boasted customer service with this company, I ordered the router knowing that if we had problems, they would be there to help us or replace the unit. Actually I had given one of their cables a poor rating, and received a note from them telling me to call and they would troubleshoot or replace. Turns out it wasn't the cable. I removed my poor review.

I hope I've painted a picture of how great the customer service is with this company.
Great customer service is something we don't run across every day.

By the way I have my home theater hooked up with their hdmi cables and all are working beautifully. They are quality cables that do the trick at a great price.

Setup:
Because my husband and I are boomers who missed the tech boat, we decided to call Media Link and allow them to help us get through the set-up. I had received an email prior inviting us to do so. Jarrod Coburn of Medialink was available immediately and helped us through every step, which was basically simple. For folks like us whom have never wrapped our brains around this tech stuff, it was reassuring to know we had someone who was willing to spend the time to guide us through the process. We explained to him that we were "stupid" and he did a fantastic job of getting everything up and running in no time.

A few hours later we called him back again because we were having problems getting our Blue Ray and Roku hooked up to the wireless connection. He was not available but called us back in 15 minutes. It was no time that the problem was solved.

It has been a long time since we have experienced this kind of service. Usually we are on hold for 15 minutes and can't understand what the person is saying because of the accent.
How refreshing to know that service still exists in America from America.

As for the router itself, I checked my internet speed and it has improved greatly over our Belkin G router. We wanted to upgrade our three story house. (router in basement with connection problems especially on 3rd floor) Plus new home theater with issues of Netflix dropping lead me to N router. This router solved the problem completely. We now have a stable connection on all floors.

Bottom line: the price is right, the router is great, and the service is fantastic. The router is small and it looks sleek but understated and uncluttered.

Special thanks to Jarrod. :) I hope your boss knows how fantastic you are. It's people like you that keep people coming back....

[Add comment]