0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Bill Gates read this book,
This review is from: Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think (Hardcover)About the only thing I have in common with Bill Gates is that both of us read ABUNDANCE this summer. I suspect his primary interest in this book was its documentation of the IT solutions that are coming which will revolutionize healthcare in remote areas of the world, like Africa. The author's description of Lab-on-a-Chip combined with cloud computing and Articifical Intelligence is amazing. Predictive, personalized healthcare is coming via use of iPhones.
Other topics covered in the book of particular interest to me are:
1. Smart Grid for water
2. Social Entrepreneurship
3. Targeting the bottom billion to grow a business
4. How to use computers to eliminate the teacher shortage
5. How Lean can be accomplished using sensors and networks
6. The four motivators of innovation ... fear, curiosity, wealth, significance
7. Proverbs 29:18 ... without vision the people perish
I am a glass half-full kind of person. If you are too or you want to fill your half-empty outlook, this book's content and tag line ... The Future is Better than you Think ... fits the bill.