5.0 out of 5 stars Review of the Dual Pack Itself (not the games), October 17, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: UNCHARTED Greatest Hits Dual Pack (Video Game)
This dual pack is amazing and I'm not sure why I didn't hear about it earlier. For $40 you get two of the best games on the PS3, and the game of the year editions at that (which means lots of DLC for Uncharted 2).

The dual pack comes with a thin cardboard slip cover containing both games come on their own discs in their own individual cases. Both games feature their full original retail packaging. The only difference is that instead of each game being individually shrink-wrapped, the slip cover containing both games is shrink wrapped. So once you open the shrink wrap around the package, you'll find the two cases (no wrapping around them) each with their manuals and discs. NOTE: If you plan on buying the dual pack and gifting away or reselling one of the games inside, it will appear like a used game in very good condition since it isn't factory sealed. EDIT: Each case says "NOT FOR RESALE" where the barcode should be.

I luckily picked this up when it was on sale for $30. I had already bought Uncharted 2 (original, non-GOTY edition) and played through it three times (normal, hard, then crushing), but I wanted the DLC and still wanted to go back and play the first game in the series. It was actually cheaper for me to buy this dual pack than to buy the DLC and Uncharted 1 separately. As a plus, I traded in my original Uncharted 2 for $10 Amazon credit.

Needless to say, both games are fantastic and can each give you a solid 10-15 hours of gameplay. Interesting Indiana-Jones style stories, excellent gameplay, and fantastic visuals easily make this one of the best new series in this console generation. I highly recommend them and at the great price of $40 for two games, there's nothing not to like.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 18, 2011 6:59:29 AM PDT
M. Payne says:
what languages does this game play in?
I am trying to find with that will allow me to play the game in french.
Thanks in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 12:05:45 PM PDT
Kevin says:
I'm not sure if the game has a French option. I'll check the menu when I get home tonight.

The product you may want could be:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 1:47:30 PM PDT
Merci, thank you.
Yes I am trying to obtain a copy of the game
That includes the franch language files.
I am trying to find out about the version on amazon.ca aswel.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 7:21:25 PM PDT
Kevin says:
I just checked the menu and there are a bunch of languages in there! And Francais was among them :)

Btw, I had to update my review: on the back of the case, there is actually a "NOT FOR RESALE" marking.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 8:09:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2011 8:10:30 PM PDT
M. Payne says:
Thank you very much for checking for me. This is considerably great news as ordering from the amazon site for my country is cheaper on shipping and also more speedy.
Changing the default language is not a problem.

I am glad the PS3 is region free on games to begin with, so if it came down to it I could have bought from amazon.fr or amazon.ca
However NaughtyDog went above and beyond including all of the language files here. Normally you only see this kind of love on PC releases.
It must be a North American release to include all of the languages that it does.

Thank you again for conversing with myself on this topic and for your great review.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 12:16:16 PM PDT
Joan says:
what is DLC?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 6:47:25 PM PDT
Joan,

DLC is short for downloadable content.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 8:19:25 PM PDT
Joan says:
Thank you!

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 1:20:40 PM PDT
J. Loftus says:
Do the discs come with the DLC installed? or will I have to download the extras after I buy the games?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 2:03:10 PM PDT
Kevin says:
You have to download them.

Inside the box there is a paper with a code on it. Somewhere on the PS3 dashboard / XMB thing, you'll find something that says something along the lines of "redeem code" or something like that. You enter the string of numbers and letters, then it takes you the PSN store where you download the extras.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›